|Josh Rojas - SS||Mark Canha - CF|
|Ketel Marte - CF||Jed Lowrie - 2B|
|Eduardo Escobar - 3B||Matt Olson - 1B|
|Christian Walker - 1B||Mitch Moreland - DH|
|Pavin Smith - LF||Sean Murphy - C|
|David Peralta - DH||Seth Brown - RF|
|Josh Reddick - RF||Matt Chapman - 3B|
|Stephen Vogt - C||Tony Kemp - LF|
|Ildemaro Vargas - 2B||Elvis Andrus - SS|
Hello, good evening and welcome to... /checks notes RingCentral Coliseum. Uh, yeah. Apparently, it was a controversial change. Cloud-based systems provider Ring Central placed their bid for naming rights and it was accepted in May 2019. But that August, the Coliseum Authority head resigned, after allegations he requested $50K from the company in exchange for negotiating the contract [he ended up taking a plea on conflict of interest charges, and got three years probation]. The deal collapsed, but was renegotiated late last year, and a three-year contract agreed. Per Wikipedia, it’ll be the fifth different name in the last twenty years. They should just call it “YOUR NAME HERE” Coliseum.
- Network Associates Coliseum (1998–2004)
- McAfee Coliseum (2004–2008)
- Overstock.com Coliseum (2011)
- O.co Coliseum (2011–2016)
- RingCentral Coliseum (2019–2020, 2020–)
Every time we play in this stadium, I wonder whether it’ll be the last time. Rumblings about the team wanting a new park have been going on for what seems like forever. But it does appear the stakes are being raised of late, with the team exploring other options - most obviously, a potential move to Las Vegas. Team president Dave Kaval has said the team is on “parallel paths” in Oakland and Vegas, but that doesn’t necessarily appear the case. Their lease at the YOUR NAME HERE Coliseum is up after the 2024 season, and the team has proposes a $12 billion development on the waterfront in Oakland. We should see next month if the city council are interested.
Torey Lovullo notes
- Audio Quality Issues today on their end
- Madison Bumgarner is still in the treatment phase of his recovery. He has not thrown yet. He may start light catch soon
- Taylor Widener’s throwing program is out to 90 feet and will throw a bullpen soon
- Zac Gallen threw a 32 pitch sim game yesterday, all pitches, and felt very good afterwards. His next bullpen is Thursday and then another sim game this weekend.
- Kole Calhoun’s rehab is going as planned and they will ramp up his progressions now.
- Nick Ahmed is just getting an extra day off, utilizing the off day to give him a two day blow.