- What: The 2022 T-Mobile Home Run Derby
- Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angelers
- When: Monday, July 8th. Coverage begins at 5 p.m Arizona time, but I’d be surprised if anyone starts swinging much before 5:30 pm
- Channel: ESPN. Those of us who might have recently cut the cable will need to figure out some other way to watch it.
Below are the first-round match-ups, along with their odds of winning the whole thing. As you can see, the Mets’ Pete Alonso is heavily favoured to win the whole thing, but it all will depend on who hits best on the night.
- Kyle Schwarber - 31/4
Albert Pujols - 22/1
- Pete Alonso - 31/20
Ronald Acuna Jr. - 7/1
- Julio Rodriguez - 9/1
Corey Seager - 10/1
- Juan Soto - 6/1
Jose Ramirez - 16/1
- The first-round and the semi-final have the same rules. Each batter gets three minutes to hit, plus 30 seconds of bonus time. I’ve no idea why they don’t just call it 3:30, since you don’t appear to need to do anything to get the bonus time. However, an additional 30 seconds can be earned by hitting a home 475 ft or longer in regulation.
- Whoever hits most home-runs goes through. In the event of a tie, there’s a a 60-second “swing off”. If still tied, it’s a three-swing event, until someone goes through.
- In the final, it’s two minutes, plus 30 seconds bonus time and, again, a potential further 30 seconds for a long home-run.
Who will win?
Who’ll win the 2022 Home-Run Derby
This poll is closed
Ronald Acuna Jr.