- Ketel Marte, CF
- Asdrubal Cabrera, 2B
- Eduardo Escobar, 3B
- Christian Walker, 1B
- Stephen Vogt, C
- Nick Ahmed, SS
- Trayce Thompson, RF
- Pavin Smith, LF
- Merrill Kelly, RHP + RHP Joakim Soria, RHP Chris Devenski, LHP Ryan Buchter
Torey Lovullo notes
- A second opinion confirmed Zac Gallen has a hair line stress fracture on the right lateral forearm at the radial head. That is just below the elbow, on the outside. There is no tendon, ligament or muscle damage.
- It’s confirmed this came from batting cage work, on two consecutive pitches where he felt discomfort
- He will definitely miss opening day. Google search shows that hairline stress fractures take about 6 weeks to heal; however Torey would not commit to any timeline.
- Zac can play catch at lower stress levels so he’s not totally deconditioned. He will not return before he can throw ALL of his pitches and be asymptomatic, and doctors have cleared him, but due to the uniqueness of the injury they are not able to map out a timeline right now.
- It could have actually been worse, and while a stress fracture must be given time to heal, this is actually better news than the team might have been fearing.
- There was some talk about the DH, and Torey weighed pros and cons, (NL strategy vs. injury Risk), but did not offer an opinion either way.
- There was no other team injury news. About a dozen players and coaches were at one of the vaccine sites today volunteering and are able to get their shots after finishing their volunteer shift. The members of the team that are willing to do so will go in waves.
Torey Lovullo audio [or link]
This one can be heard on Arizona Sports, 98.7 FM.