- David Peralta, LF
- Ketel Marte, CF
- Asdrubal Cabrera, 1B
- Eduardo Escobar, 3B
- Nick Ahmed, SS
- Josh Rojas, 2B
- Daulton Varsho, RF
- Bryan Holaday
- RHP Taylor Clarke + RHP Stefan Crichton, RHP Kevin Ginkel, LHP Joe Mantiply, LHP Miguel Aguilar, RHP Jeremy Beasley, RHP Keury Mella, LHP Tyler Gilbert
Change in starting pitcher today, which was originally scheduled to be Madison Bumgarner. He seems to have been a bit elusive in terms of Cactus League appearances - there has only been two, and there will probably only be time for one more before Opening Day. He is still getting his work in, but threw on the backfields at Salt River Fields this morning instead. More on that below. Also, as we get closer to Opening Day, it’s interesting to see that Torey seems to be settling on Peralta and Marte in the leadoff spot of the order.
Torey Lovullo notes
- Clippard’s injury, like any, is frustrating and Torey feels for him. We have to face the reality of it, and it’s a tough blow. “But we’re going to find somebody who’s going to step into that role, and get the job done. We’ve got more than capable guys who can step up - who they are, we’re still evaluating.” Tyler will be getting a PRP injection.
- On Bumgarner’s outing. “It looked like he was attacking the zone in typical Bum style. He was working on a couple of things, and incorporate a couple of new thoughts and ideas about how he can go out there and be real effective, for as long as he possibly can.”
- On the possibility of J.B. Bukausakas getting recalled: “Not my department.”
- What do you want to see from Clarke? “We’re trying to get him stretched out, get his pitch count up into the 60-70 range.... He is having a terrific spring and throwing the ball very well.”
- As you satisfied you’ve addressed the need for right-handed power hitting? “I think so. You always look for a balanced line-up, but you just want to have good hitters... I don’t want to dismiss the guys that are still in camp, like Mathisen, Thompson. But the bottom line is, we’re looking for good hitters.”
Torey Lovullo audio [or link]
Looks like this game is being broadcast both on Fox Sports Arizona, and on Arizona Sports 98.7 GM. So take your pick...