- David Peralta, RF
- Nick Ahmed, SS
- Eduardo Escobar, 2B
- Christian Walker, 1B
- Asdrubal Cabrera, 3B
- Stephen Vogt, C
- Trayce Thompson, RF
- Tim Locastro, CF
- Luke Weaver, P
+ RHP Taylor Widener, LHP Sam Moll, RHP Humberto Castellanos, RHP J.B. Bukauskas, RHP Carlos Navas
Interesting to see Bukauskas getting into the action, even though he was officially “cut” from camp earlier in the week. Perhaps an indication that he may be first in line if the Clippard injury proves to be as serious as is feared?
The Arizona Diamondbacks made 6 roster moves and have 40 players in camp.
Optioned to Triple-A Reno:
- RHP Riley Smith
Reassigned to Minor League camp:
- LHP Taylor Guilbeau
- RHP Keury Mella
- RHP Carlos Navas
- C Jose Herrera
- OF Jake McCarthy
Also, in minor-league transactions the team released non-roster invitee pitcher Bradley Roney, and signed C Jarett Rindfleisch, RHP Heath Fillmyer and OF Stone Garrett to minor-league contracts. No real surprises in these moves, I think, except for Mella. He was excellent last year, but for whatever reason, the team don’t seem to like him - he was taken off the 40-man roster earlier this winter and went unclaimed. Guess they know something we don’t!
Torey Lovullo notes
- Tyler Clippard got an MRI on his right shoulder. They are still waiting on the diagnosis and will report later what that is.
- Torey was having a long discussion with Alex Young during a B game, and was asked if this conversation was about the possibility of him tipping pitches. While Torey did not want to answer directly on follow up it sounded like that was indeed what they were addressing.
- Tim Locastro has been playing well. In addition to his natural talents and energy he brings what stands out to Torey is the quality of his AB’s and the threat he is to barrel up the ball now.
- Ketel Marte is doing fine, and is just getting a day off today. But no issues after playing on yesterday’s game. Will get back into the cycle of more regular play as spring winds down
- Jon Duplantier threw a 30 pitch bullpen, and while they will look to get him out against live hitters soon, Torey could offer no timeline for when he might appear in a game.
Torey Lovullo audio [and link]
A radio broadcast of this one is available, on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.