- Ketel Marte, CF
- Tim Locastro, LF
- Josh Rojas, SS
- Christian Walker, 1B
- Stephen Vogt, C
- Daulton Varsho, RF
- Josh VanMeter, 2B
- Pavin Smith, DH
- Domingo Leyba, 3B
+ RHP Josh Green, RHP Yoan López, RHP Chris Devenski, RHP J.B. Bukauskas, LHP Ryan Buchter, RHP Kevin Ginkel, RHP Anthony Swarzak
Quarantine OVER! Can’t wait to get on the field with the Team! #GoDbacks— Tim Locastro (@TimmyLo16) March 13, 2021
And, right back into the starting line-up: I imagine he has some catching up to do. But what’s this? Hitting #2 rather than leadoff? BLASPHEMY! :) Still, nice to have him back, and it definitely does provide some useful depth to the Diamondbacks outfield. No offense to Ketel Marte in particular, but it does feel we have been seeing converted infielders out there, a bit too often for my taste.
Torey Lovullo notes
- Tim Locastro is back in the lineup. No other injury updates. He hopes to have Nick Ahmed back in the lineup in a couple of days.
- The time away from camp will not negatively impact Locastro’s opportunity to get at bats or make the roster.
- Daulton Varsho in RF today. The arm portion of right field evaluation is overrated. Positioning, hitting the cutoff, etc, all more important. You can see all the different players getting reps out in right and they are competing for playing time.
- The team has not yet determined if they will go with 1 or 2 left-handed relievers.
- Merrill Kelly pitched in a B game today and looked good.
- Wyatt Mathisen played left field today in B game. It’s his second B game in the outfield. He swung the bat well today as well.
- Pitcher bunting and hitting is a priority. Madison Bumgarner will hit in his next spring start and they’ll start letting the starters hit from there on out to get them ready.
Torey Lovullo audio [or link]
And for the second day in a row, this game is on television, with Fox Sports Arizona carrying the broadcast. Bit of a chilly and damp Saturday, it has to be said, so seems a good excuse to curl up on the couch and watch the team.