The first two rounds, along with the competitive balance and compensation picks, will take place today. That’s 78 in total, with seven of those belonging to the Arizona Diamondbacks. We’ll be having separate posts for each of these selections, but this one will be a general thread for discussion - for example, of earlier picks which might remove players of interest from the board. The Baltimore Orioles will have the overall #1 pick, and what follows is a list of the scheduled D-backs picks, along with their approximate Arizona time [though from experience of previous years, they may well be a little later]:
- Round 1, Pick 16: 5:35 p.m.
- Round 1, Pick 26 (Compensation for unsigned 2018 first-rounder Matt McLain): 6:30 p.m.
- Round 1, Compensation Pick 33 (for Corbin): 7:27 p.m.
- Round 1, Compensation Pick 34 (for Pollock): 7:29 p.m.
- Round 2, Pick 56: 8:13 p.m.
- Competitive Balance Round B, Pick 74: 8:45 p.m.
- Competitive Balance Round B, Pick 75 (Received from Cardinals via trade): 8:46 p.m.
Coverage is already under way on the MLB Network and MLB.com. The first 41 picks, including four for Arizona, will be shown on both, with the remainder being online only. Tomorrow covers the third through tenth rounds, and Wednesday is rounds 11-40, with those two days both being broadcast on MLB.com, beginning at 10 am on Tuesday and 9 am on Wednesday.