The annual event will include unique access throughout the award-winning Spring Training complex and will feature a variety of activities, including:
- Free autograph sessions for all fans, on a first-come, first-serve basis, with current and former players
- Free photograph sessions for all fans, on a first-come, first-serve basis, courtesy of Smile Generation
- D-backs Stage Show, presented by Chevrolet, featuring Q&A with players, management and alumni
- Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Yard Sale
- Open Batting Cages
- Wiffle ball fields featuring staff from the D-backs Baseball Academy, presented by Phoenix Children’s Hospital, including catch-a-fly ball
- D-backs Team Shop
- D-backs Authentics featuring game-used memorabilia
- Live Sports broadcast on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM throughout the day
- FOX Sports Arizona #DbacksFanFest Live Show
- FOX Sports Arizona KidKaster auditions and fan photo booth
- Virtual Reality, presented by Cox Communications, featuring new and exciting experiences
- MLB.com Ballpark Zone where fans can learn how to utilize the app and access augmented reality experiences available only at Fan Fest
- Sanderson Ford Cronista Infantil D-backs Spanish broadcast auditions for Univision Deportes Radio 105.1 FM
- D-backs inflatables & face painting
- Exclusive presale access for the D-backs 8-game mini plan
Among those currently scheduled to attend are
D-backs players: Nick Ahmed, Alex Avila, Anthony Banda, Jake Barrett, Brad Boxberger, Silvino Bracho, Archie Bradley, Sócrates Brito, Andrew Chafin, Patrick Corbin, Randall Delgado, Daniel Descalso, Brandon Drury, Neftalí Feliz, Reymond Fuentes, Zack Godley, Paul Goldschmidt, Zack Greinke, Jeremy Hazelbaker, Chris Herrmann, Yoshihisa Hirano, Matt Koch, Jake Lamb, Domingo Lebya, Ketel Marte, Jeff Mathis, T.J. McFarland, Jared Miller, Shelby Miller, John Ryan Murphy, Kristopher Negron, Chris Owings, David Peralta, A.J. Pollock, Robbie Ray, Jack Reinheimer, Jimmie Sherfy, Braden Shipley, Albert Suarez, Yasmany Tomás, Ildemaro Vargas, Christian Walker and Taijuan Walker.
Coaches: Manager Torey Lovullo, Bullpen Coach Mike Fetters and Quality Control & Catching Coach Robby Hammock.
Broadcasters: Bob Brenly, Steve Berthiaume, Greg Schulte, Tom Candiotti, Mike Ferrin, Rodrigo Lopez and Oscar Soria
Front-office, etc: President & CEO Derrick Hall, Executive Vice President & General Manager Mike Hazen, Luis Gonzalez and Randy Johnson.
The D-backs Fan Fest Stage, presented by Chevrolet, will feature special Q&A sessions, as follows:
- 12:15 p.m. – Hosted by Berthiaume with guests: Ray, Walker, Corbin and Godley
- 12:45 p.m. – Hosted by Hall with guests: Hazen and Lovullo
- 1:15 p.m. – Hosted by Berthiaume with guests: Goldschmidt, Lamb and Drury
- 1:45 p.m. – Kids ask the questions! Hosted by Ferrin with guests: Bradley, Boxberger, Hirano and Chafin
- 2:15 p.m. – Hosted by Soria (in Spanish) with guests: Marte, Tomas and Lopez
- 2:45 p.m. – Celebrate the D-backs’ 20th anniversary! Hosted by Schulte with guests: Gonzalez, Johnson and Grace
- 3:00 p.m. – Hosted by Schulte with guests: Pollock, Peralta and Owings
As last year, I won’t be going: since it has been moved from Chase Field To Salt River, it’s simply too far too justify the journey, not least with the parking situation there being what it is. I’ll be sitting at home and enjoying the Fox Sports Arizona coverage of the event instead! One thing I noticed which appears to be a change from last year is that the autographs are now first-come, first-served rather than on the voucher system which had been in use for what seems like forever. I’m curious about the reasons for the change.
Otherwise, looks like the usual stuff will be there. Anyone go last year? How was it, compared to the events at Chase Field?