Last week in this very column, I wrote, “I don’t think I have ever done one of these where the Diamondbacks have won every game they played that week.” Well, guess what? Just like buses, you wait ages for a 100%-win week to arrive, then two show up, back-to-back. For Arizona just kept winning: through Colorado and on to Los Angeles, in the most startling streak in team history: now 13 consecutive wins, and still counting. The D-backs last lost more than two weeks ago.
Tweet of the Week
Cleanup on aisle, NL West... Go Dbacks! #sweepsweepsweep #beatla #godbacks pic.twitter.com/8qw72CrBFF— Zach Hewlett (@Stackary) September 3, 2017
@Dbacks supporting #KCancer17 #kcancer. Has a little extra meaning being here in Colorado playing the @Rockies and @cbettis35 @108Stitches pic.twitter.com/WmMMD4eRlw— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) September 2, 2017
As my 11-yr-old just said after Martinez went deep, "Zack Greinke just smiled...that's even more rare than a 4HR game."— Chris Rose (@ChrisRose) September 5, 2017
Here's what happened:— Bruhette (@AzSportsGirl63) September 6, 2017
1. Goldy bumped elbow in elevator at hotel.
2. Says 'OW' & rubs elbow.
3. @dbacks order a Code Sedona Red.
Wouldn’t normally mention the SnakePit’s own Tweets, but this did become the most-liked in our Twitter history...
LA fans: You only swept the Dodgers because you didn't face our best player!— AZ SnakePit (@AZSnakepit) September 7, 2017
AZ fans: Here, hold our Goldschmidt...
The Games in Diamondbacks Tweets
Diamondbacks 9, Rockies 5
Most of the parody Trump accounts are not actually very funny. But I will confess to being amused by this one. Not least its call to “Build an automated strike zone and make the umpires pay for it.” That’s a policy I’m sure we can all get behind. But with regard to the D-backs:
@Dbacks Dirty Diamondbacks slither around and eat prey! They are carnivorous! Not good! Not the type of people you want on top of wildcard!— Rockies Trump (@Rockies_Trump) September 2, 2017
If Rockies Trump liked the D-backs, we would clearly be doing something wrong. Much like Dodgers fans and our Tweets. :)
@Dbacks "71% of the earths surface is covered by water. The other 29% is covered by AJ Pollack. "#ourseason— summer small (@voicewithin25) September 2, 2017
Not new, perhaps, but always relevant!
Diamondbacks 6, Rockies 2
I’ll take “Statements of clear foreshadowing” for $400, please, Alex.
It's a shame "JD Martinez' Insatiable Desire to Destroy Baseballs" is too long to be a Twitter handle, otherwise it might exist already— Goldy's Forearms (@GoldysForearms) September 3, 2017
Hey did you bros know the Dbacks did a shift against LeMahieu last night?— Coximus Maximus (@Coximus2) September 3, 2017
I dunno... I might have heard something about it on the broadcast. Y’know, just in passing. Not sure.
Diamondbacks 5, Rockies 1
David Peralta just DROVE IN a run, after the game he's @Jody_Jackson guest on @Dbacks Driven In AND GUYS THESE PROMOS ARE WRITING THEMSELVES— Josh Kelman (@JoshKelman) September 3, 2017
The @Dbacks held the Rockies to a total of zero home runs this series at Coors Field.— Tyson (@Goldyschmidt) September 3, 2017
Diamondbacks 13, Dodgers 0
Anyone who follows the SnakePit on Twitter knows my fondness for wrestling GIFs (specializing in joshi puroresu). I had my own one for this game, but am happy to endorse this too:
Goldy's elbow is back in AZ getting inspected. Meanwhile, the remaining @Dbacks elbows are in LA doing this... pic.twitter.com/XSZZKlfKZX— Jammer (@jamminjoe23) September 5, 2017
J.D. MARTINEZ OWNS THE DODGERS. #BeatLA pic.twitter.com/KAiqegBWH9— noah (@NoahBlabac) September 5, 2017
Diamondbacks 3, Dodgers 1
@AZSnakepit wew lad pic.twitter.com/LoorsImziJ— Cumulus (@CumulusChoir) September 6, 2017
Alternative explanation: the Dodgers sucked. This seems more credible, even to their own fanbase:
@AZSnakepit just caught part of Robert's post game live stream on FB. Never seen so many float by.— sharon sponcel (@sharonsponcel) September 6, 2017
Diamondbacks 3, Dodgers 1
@FOXSPORTSAZ it says the @Dbacks are losing, is your score graphic broken? This is new to me.— Kris Venezia (@KVenezia1) September 7, 2017
It didn’t last.
Dodgers streak of leading a game ends at 0.2 innings— Charlie Gebow (@CLEFOAINTACRIME) September 7, 2017
Onwards and homewards. Bring on the Padres!