Archie Bradley has not exactly gone into hibernation since the start of the off-season. Just in the past week, he has:
- Attended an ASU basketball game as part of their "curtain of distraction"
- Dropped the first puck at an Arizona Coyotes game, and took part in their “human bowling” gimmick.
And earlier in the week, he was on MLB Network’s Intentional Talk show. There, he chatted with Chris Rose and Dan Plesac about his NL Wild Card triple, the D-backs bullpen antics, Oklahoma Sooners football and played an IT game called “Rapid Fire”. Here are some of Bradley's comments:
- On his NL Wild Card triple: “It gave me chills watching it again… That was the craziest thing I’ve ever done in my life,” and added, “I couldn’t believe that Torey let me hit. I kept staring back in the dugout, like, ‘Alright, this is really gonna happen.’”
- On who throws a better spiral between himself and Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield: “Man, I throw a tight spiral. I’m not gonna lie. Baker’s way more accurate than I am. He does lose a little spiral at the end of his passes sometimes, but he hits guys in stride. But I’m gonna go with myself.”
- On if he would give up his beard to hit his first career home run: “I would keep the beard. I'll hit triples.”
Here’s the full video!