- Turambar: Four Peaks White Ale. Welcome back folks. So it begins. Spring has sprung and I decided to start of my first Beercap of the year with something a little milder. Just like the weather outside.
- Jim: The Camelback IPA. First Beercao for me, hoping to keep up with the Beermaster.... Stomach lining may be needed...
- (Turambar)Dreams of Dbacks success and Dodger failure circle both our minds. Such is the hopes of Spring.
- Corbin with a 1-2-3 inning. We'll take it. As a portrait of the Goblin Kings looms over us here at the Rose & Crown
- Segura, our one true hope for 2nd base. Jim and I have been discussing who will be leadoff....then lord Goldy approaches the plate. The song "I just died in your arms tonight" just came on as well.
- 1-0 Dbacks as Lamb comes through and drives in Segura.
- 2-0 Dbacks and the oft talked of O'Brien comes through with an RBI single. Just where he'll be playing going forward, only God knows.
Beer 2 :
- Turambar: Historic Brewing Co. Imperial Red. Now that the Dbacks are up 2-0 it's time to switch gears.
- Jim: Lumberyard Lager. Had a sip of the Red. It is very strong...
- (Jim)Good to see Corbin getting some ugly swings this early, even from people you have never heard of.
- (Jim)And that is why O'Brien is a DH in waiting.
- 2-2 now and my hope for this game is mildly fading though Corbin does look solid.
- I just learned Trevor Bauer likes Amon Amarth. My opinion of him has changed, in a good way.
- Fowler just golfed one out on Delgado. My good feelings for Delgado are still very much gone.....2-3 Cubs
- Goldy struck out. DFA him immediately!!!! How are the Suns doing?
- Our conversation has veered towards Trump. God help us all.....
Turambar: Orange Peel IPA. Add that citrus to an IPA with citrusy hops. Winning
Jim: St. Mary's Pale Ale. It is named after a saint. How alcoholic can it be?
- We've both noticed that O'Brien appears to be going toward the land of the mullet.
- Bill & Ted would be proud, for Socrates just came through for us with a nice stand up-double. 3-3 Dbacks
- Brothers really helping us out with these wild pitches. 4-3 Dbacks as Socrates comes home one a strikes out wild pitch.
- Ummmm 4 wild pitches and an error now sees us with men on 3rd and 2nd. Fun times
- Cubs head hunting for Pollack apparently. Bases now loaded for Segura. Let the fun begin......or ground out. Still, I'll take the lead change.
- The Cubs 3rd baseman, blinded by Goldy's radiance, commits an error. Goldy protects.
- What the heck just happened with that Cub player? 5th inning, and as Jim and I speak of anime, thought he got hurt bad, but just had a bad stumble off the mound.
Turambar : Phoenix Ale Bird City Rye
Jim: I appear to have been lapped by the Beermaster, Still on my St. Mary's. Hail Mary!:
- Heck yea! SOCRATES!!!!! 5-3 Dbacks!!! Most excellent!!!
- (Jim), End of five innings, and we are leading. Time for Spring Trainng Bingo to take over: now playing in left-field.... Number #93. So, I am calling this one a win, as far as meaningfulness goes. It's all downhill from here, folks. At least as far as my coherence goes...
- Jim and I have realized that we need to recondition ourselves to baseball. This beer cap is getting to be long. Perhaps I'm getting old
- Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner plays in the background and the Dbacks score again. 6-3 after the sixth.
- Now 7-3 as our batters become more and more obscure.
- Stites goes 1-2-3 in the 7th. Perhaps there is hope for him. He of the Our-Closer-of-the-Future.
Turambar: Yes I continue to lap Jim....Guinness Nitro IPA. First time having it and damm it's good.
- Jim and I are waxing romantic about Goldy, as we all should. 7-3 Dbacks, and we're beginning to just not care.
- No. 76 with his first HR. Good times and were done here beercapping, because I said so.