Normally, these nomination threads will run on a Monday, but looking at the SnakePit schedule, seems like Michael has had a very productive weekend, so, let’s get this up here now! Opinions on these will be solicited through the end of Tuesday. If there’s a performance not listed below you would like to suggest, please do so in the comments below. If there’s one in the comments you agree with and want to support, give it a rec. Similarly, if there are any of my nominees you consider not deserving of inclusion, make that case too. I’ll fold any well-supported further suggestions into the preliminary list of candidates below, to come up with the final set of candidates.
These will be posted in a poll on Wednesday, for discussion there, so hold off any specific comments for or against the nominees for that post. Voting will run through the end of Thursday, and the winner of the category will be announced on Friday. Here are my first cut of suggestions, three hitting and three pitching, which are largely based on specific metrics.
- Zack Greinke, June 7 vs. Rays (9 IP, 3 H, 0 R). Only nine-inning complete game.
- Jake Lamb, July 16 vs. Dodgers (3-for-5, 3B, two 2B). Highest WP (+78.0%)
- Yasmany Tomas, Aug 17 vs. Mets (3-for-4, two HR, 3B). Most RBI (6), total bases (11)
- Robbie Ray, Aug 20 vs. Padres (7 IP, 1 H, 13 K). Highest Game Score (83)
- Daniel Hudson, Aug 20 vs. Padres (Bases loaded, no out hold). Highest WP (+55.1%)
- Jean Segura, Sep 14 vs. Rockies (5-for-6, two HR). Most hits (5), total bases (11)