The Arizona Diamondbacks' sixth Spring Training at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick begins on Feb. 17:
- Wednesday, February 17 Pitchers and catchers report.
- Thursday, February 18 First workout for pitchers and catchers.
- Monday, February 22 Position players report.
- Tuesday, February 23 First full-squad workout.
Workouts are open to the public, and fans may park in the Desert Lot on the north side of the complex, which is best accessed via 90th Street off Via de Ventura.
The D-backs open their 19th Spring Training on March 1 at Salt River Fields with an exhibition game against the University of Arizona at 3:10 p.m. as part of an annual Collegiate Series. In the first year of the collegiate series in 2015, the D-backs played Arizona State University and will continue to rotate opponents between Arizona's three Division I NCAA baseball programs - ASU, Arizona and Grand Canyon University (GCU) each year for the next five years.
Chip Hale is in his second season as Manager. His coaching staff includes Glenn Sherlock (Bench Coach), Mike Butcher (Pitching Coach), Garvin Alston (Bullpen Coach), Dave Magadan (Hitting Coach), Mark Grace (Assistant Hitting Coach), Dave McKay (First Base Coach), Matt Williams (Third Base Coach), Ariel Prieto (Coach/Interpreter) and Mike Fetters (Quality Control Coach).
The club's 40-man roster is currently at 40 players:
- Right-handed pitchers (16): Chase Anderson, Jake Barrett, Silvino Bracho, Archie Bradley, Enrique Burgos, Josh Collmenter, Rubby De La Rosa, Randall Delgado, Zack Godley, Zack Greinke, Daniel Hudson, Matt Koch, Dominic Leone, Shelby Miller, Matt Stites and Brad Ziegler.
- Left-handed pitchers (6): Andrew Chafin, Patrick Corbin, Keith Hessler, Will Locante, Robbie Ray and Matt Reynolds.
- Catchers (4): Welington Castillo, Chris Hermann, Tuffy Gosewisch and Oscar Hernandez.
- Infielders (7): Nick Ahmed, Brandon Drury, Paul Goldschmidt, Phil Gosselin, Aaron Hill, Jake Lamb and Chris Owings.
- Outfielders (6): Socrates Brito, Gabriel Guerrero, David Peralta, Peter O'Brien, A.J. Pollock and Yasmany Tomás.
- Disabled List (1): Evan Marshall.
The club's 23 non-roster invitees:
- Right-handed pitchers (9): Matt Buschmann, Jose Cisnero, Miller Diaz, Kyle Drabek, Kaleb Fleck, Yóan Lopez, Adam Miller, Braden Shipley and Tim Stauffer
- Left-handed pitchers (4): Daniel Gibson, Adam Loewen, Scott Rice and Wesley Wright.
- Catchers (2): Brett Hayes and Mark Thomas.
- Infielders (4): Joaquin Arias, Kyle Jensen, Jack Reinheimer and Carlos Rivero.
- Outfielders (4): Zach Borenstein, Jason Bourgeois, Todd Glaesmann and Evan Marzilli.