Record: 44-51. Pace: 75-87. Change on 2014: +4.
Beer 1: HBC Experimental Hopped Four Hopsmen Session Pale Ale by Oskar Blues
- Blah blah beer. Blah blah blah gross. That's Jerry telling me how awful this beer is when in fact, for a session, it's delicious. Oskar Blues made a series of different takes on this beer, each dry hopped with a experimental variety of hops.
- Got a convention in Orlando to get to early tomorrow. Not looking forward to the mugginess, but I'm make the best of it. In the meantime, there is baseball.
- Corbin back on the mound again and some great Ahmed defense behind him helps keeps the first under control.
- Gomez strikes out in hilarious fashion. BP might hire him as a drill bit, as he was spinning so hard on that pitch.
- Inciarte must be six kinds of pissed off after that HIT. I put that in caps, because clearly the senior citizen foul ball dude didn't get the message that that was a fair ball. LOL. Much lol.
- I'll take a double I guess, even a strange one like that.
- Goldy battles and battles, like the Great God of Baseball War he is. His efforts didn't deliver a hit, but a walk I can live with.
- Pollack strikes out as does Perralta, but Goldy and Inciarte are on second and third......with Owings up. Sorry folks, but I have very little hope in his bat.
- My fears are confirmed as Owings SWINGS AT EVERYTHING OUTSIDE THE ZONE!!!!!
Beer 2: Dales Pal Ale by Oskar Blues
- Oldy but a goody. It says pale ale, but this an IPA all the way. Love it.
- Jerry just informed me that the Brewers are the hottest team in baseball, to which I retort that they're cellar dwellers. To which Jerry says "They're playing .500 ball!!!!!! I watch TV!!!"
- Jerry, who's entertaining as *&^% tonight informs the entire bar that he requires a joint. Like now. Good times.
- Capt Steroid with an excellent fly-out ends the top of the 3rd. Still 0-0 and still bitter about losing the playoff series to the brewers all those years ago.
- Two hits and a double steal with Goldy up? Perhaps the bottom of the 3rd will have good things instead.
- Nope. Goldy walks and then Peralta hits to the pitcher resulting in an inning ending double play. $^$^#@#**$#*&@&*@&@*&&@&$^&^
- Corbin still putting up zeros and embarrassing Brewers. God how I hope his careers picks up where it left off before the injury. We need that to happen.
Beer 3: Barrel Thief Imperial Oak Aged IPA by Odell Brewing
- Needed to kick it up a notch considering our offense is gradually driving me insane.
- Jerry and I are debating the merits of cheap burritos in this strip mall where Papago resides. There is really nothing to debate, burritos are God's gift to mankind and drunk people.
- Corbin at least keeps this team looking good and the Brewers looking bad. A little offense would be nice. Still 0-0 going into the bottom of the 5th.
- Nelson, despite throwing all over the place, is still running scoreless game. How? Damned if I know.
- Corbin tries to be sneaky with the butcher boy at bat, but fails at life and hits into a double play. Seriously. How are we not lighting up Nelson? HOW!?!????!
- All good things come to an end I guess. Braun ruins my night with a solo shot to right field. Thanks cheater. 0-1 Brewers
Beer 4: Hop Head Farms Experimental Hop Four Hopsmen Dry Hopped Session Pale Ale
- I like these beers and they are nom nom nom. Hurray beer.
- Jerry is f'ed up and constantly insisting that we should go to the Jerry Garcia Memorial Disc Golf Tournament. Yes, this is a thing.
- F this noise. Seriously. We just can't buy a run. Not even one. This is madness. 0-1 Brewers going into the 7th.
- Corbin leaves the game with 10k's. To say this was an epic game for him would be an understatement. The silver lining to this otherwise frustrating game.
- Still another scoreless Dbacks half, yay. This team drives a man to drink.
- Closing out, this game is too damn long and I got to get up too early.
Beer 5 (to-go): Habenero Sculpin IPA by Ballast
- Yea I'm still here. For now.
- Alright, I got to go. 630am flight to catch.
Bells and whistles, by Jim
The eighth inning was worked by Daniel Hudson, who put up a zero, and the ninth by Brad Ziegler, who did not, as a single came around to score on a sacrifice, a ground-out and a wild-pitch. It was the first run charged to Ziegler since June 3, and I can't help wondering if it also being the first time Oscar Hernandez had caught Ziegler, might have played into this a bit. It proved a huge insurance run, as Chris Owings lead-off triple in the bottom of the ninth, came home one out later on a sacrifice fly by Nick Ahmed, but Welington Castillo grounded out, and the game was lost.
Ender inciarte had a good game, getting three of the Diamondbacks eight hits; Paul Goldschmidt reached base three times, on a hit and two walks, and Hernandez got a hit and a walk. But we went 0-for-5 with runners in scoring position, and most credit likely goes to Corbin, who tied a career high with ten strikeouts, and even though this was the Brewers, showed further palpable improvement on his return from TJ. That's some comfort to take away from a defeat which is all the more irritating for getting more hits and striking out fewer times than the opposition.
[Click for details, at Fangraphs.com]
San Diego Comic-Con: Ender Inciarte, +27.2%
Phoenix Comic-Con: Patrick Corbin, +22.8%
Confidence Trickster: A.J. Pollock, -24.9%
Con-fusion: Peralta, -21.4%; Lamb, -19.7%; Ahmed, -13.9%
A lightly-trafficked GDT, with 230 comments on a Friday night. preston.salisbury led the way, ahead of GuruB and noblevillain, with others seen including: Clefo, James Attwood, Jim McLennan, JoeCB1991, Majabe, MrMrrbi, asteroid, datr22, ford.williams.10, freeland1787, gamepass, hotclaws, imstillhungry95, piratedan7, shoewizard, soco, thunderpumpkin87 and xmet. Comment of the Thread to Joe:
Tomorrow, we'll see if the offense shows up. Rubby de la Rosa starts for the D-backs, on Randy Johnson Hall of Fame Bobblehead Night at Chase.