It's easy to win when...
- The same man makes the first AND second out in the second inning.
- You score seven runs in that frame
- The rotation delivers a quality start, with a 7:0 K:BB ratio
- The bullpen then works three shutout innings.
- The Padres appear to have gift-wrapped this one as a present for the D-backs.
- Including hitting our pitcher with the bases loaded
- Botching two potential twin killings, the plays instead leading to three runs
- And giving us a total of four unearned runs.
- You manage seven runs on only four hits
- While the opposition goes 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position.
Yeah, all told, this was a much more pleasant experience than yesterday. And, hey, we managed to avoid making any contentious trades while the games was in progress too! The win also gives us the series, and moves us to within one game of .500 for roughtly the eleven millionth time this month. And I can state with absolute certainty we won't lose tomorrow!