Record: 33-34. Pace: 80-82. Change on 2014: +4.
Me, chilling in the summer.
Beer Cider 1: Gumption Cider by Woodchuck Cidery
- It's too hot. Far too hot. Cider thankfully helps ease that pain. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
- Good RDLR or Bad RDLR. Which will we see tonight????
- Tomas. Lost in translation and almost muffs a very easy fly ball. I wish I could hear the exchange between him and AJ.
- Matt Kemp, thanks bro. Stares down a cement mixer curve ball to get us out of the top of the 1st.
- AJ. Just. Hit. In. Between. The. Outfield. Mats. LOL!!!!! It's stuck!
- That might be the goofiest hit I've see thus far this year. I'll take it.
- Lord Goldy giveth and he taketh awayeth. Grounds out, but at least brings home AJ. 1-0 Dbacks
- Ouch. Tomas gets plunked on the funny bone. Papago Jerry sitting next to me flies into a rage, but luckily I'm able to calm this Santa Claus looking beast. Thankfully he stays in the game. Still crossing fingers ........
Imagine this person, except with a very white Santa Claus beard.
Beer 2: Hop Devil IPA (Nitro) by Victory Brewing Co.
- I think I may have done a beercap with this beer before, so please forgive me. Beers poured with a nitro mix are really awesome. Adds a creamy texture to any style beer and with an IPA it kind of helps mellow it out. Taking the beer from a hop bonanza to something a little more tame.
- Dbacks leave the bases juiced, but getting to Shields early in any capacity is a good thing in my book. 1-0 after the 1st.
- That. Was a strange bunt.......IN FRONT OF SHIELDS. A suicide squeeze that failed? A successful attempt to advance the runner...............with the pitcher on deck?!?!??!? My brain hurts.
- AJ, once again, proves why he's up in the running for the NL representative at CF. This time without a goofy hit.
- Sadly Lamb can't move him over and we end the 2nd still up 1-0.
- Papago Jerry has just informed me that gofers, when eluding cats, will back-flip. My fun-Papago-fact of the day........
- Apparently Tomas' arm is just fine. Great play in right field!!!!!!!!!! Followed by two relatively easy outs. God our defense is awesome.
- One of thousands of walks Goldy will take this year. Good to start out the bottom of the 3rd with a walk, though HR would be nicer.....
Goldy's power level has been through the roof this year. Power Level Coach Vegeta concurs.
Beer 3: Enjoy By 7.4.15 IPA by Stone Brewing.
- It's true that you can't age an IPA. Should you leave a bottle or can of any IPA in your fridge longer and a month, that hop flavor and aroma will gradually die out.
- Peralta gets a double barely, and then a passed ball
(BARELY) gets Goldy in. I mean that Goldy dodged that tag like a kungfu master. Perhaps he is the chosen one???Well.......I don't like that review but it looked like he just missed Goldy on the tag. I call ass on that call.
- Hill, who I was just cursing out, got a slick double and then "The Beef" Welington gets a LONG double to center. Now, after those two improbable plays, it's 3-0 Dbacks.
- The Duke of Welington get's home one a nice Ahmed single! Perhaps an omen, as the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo
- Well, dangit, though I like Dorn I don't like Tomas going out as I feared. Hopefully they're just playing it safe. Hopefully.......
- 82 pitches in and Shields is diving into the teeth of our batting line-up. I predict good things this inning.
- Good things begin indeed as AJ gets a lead-off walk and then tags on a fly to take second. Lord Goldy....beats out an infield single. Not what I wanted, but I'll take it.
- Then...Peralta hits back to the pitcher for an easy double play.
Shields just one give in........
Beer 4: Habitus Rye IPA by Hess Brewing
- Yes, I had this beer last time. Yes I love it.
- Pity points for Shields as he gets a single up the middle. Meh.
- Then.....a single moves Shields up. I spoke way too soon.
- Shit. Bases juiced with two outs. RDLR needs to screw his head on right. Right now.
- RDLR loses Upton and walks in a run. Shit. 4-1 Dbacks
- Inning started out pretty, got ugly, but got out of it only giving up one run. I'll take it.
- After 5 and it still 4-1 Dbacks. Overall? I'm happy RDLR had a rough go last inning, but this game is pretty solid thus far. Another beer will be had soon.
- Ruby, after failing at life last inning cruises through the next (kinda). Seriously. RDLR has a heck of a lot of potential. If he can maintain any kind of consistency he'll be scary good.
- Another awful review and AJ is out trying to steal 2nd. Meh. More beer.
Dramatic anime-reenactment of RDLR pitching.
Beer 5: HiFi LoFi MIxTape American Strong Ale by Stone Brewing
- Stone is an amazing brewery and at times they make amazing beers. This is an "interesting beer". When I think of an American Strong I think a hoppy, but malty IPA. This is very malty, with some hops, but certainly not what I had in mind. Pretty solid though, but not as advertised.
- RDLR strikes again! 1-2-3 go the Padres as we head into the bottom of the 6th. Today is a good day.....so far.
- Well, another inning with Goldy on base and another inning without him coming across the plate.
Except for that time he did, but he didn't.
- Wheels might just have fallen off for RDLR in the top of the 9th. men on the corners with no outs. bad times.
- Huddy approaches. Our hopes are heaped upon his shoulders.
- Gives up a run, but the advantage is still ours going into the bottom of the 8th: 4-2 Dbacks
- Zieg. So it's come to this......
- And winning. Yay
Bells and whistles, by Jim
I am almost embarrassed by how many of those anime pics I recognize. :) A solid 731 comments tonight, with ten posting 25 times or more. DbacksSkins cracked three digits, with freeland1787 just short, and preston.salisbury in third. Also appreciating Brad Ziegler's 500th appearance were: AzRattler, BIGredmc, Clefo, Craig Counsel rules, DeadmanG, Diamondhacks, GuruB, Jim McLennan, JoeCB1991, Makakilo, MrMrrbi, SongBird, Xerostomia, Zavada's Moustache, bbtng, catbat, gamepass, hotclaws, noblevillain, onedotfive, piratedan7, shoewizard, and xmet. Winner of tonight's incorrect pessimism award is DeadmanG, for failing to predict three-quarters of our runs.
It's an evening game, with a 7:10pm start, tomorrow night at Chase as we... something .500 something. You know the drill. Robbie Ray tries his luck.