- Josh Collmenter looked like his normal self out there. His fastball/cutter velocity averaged 86 mph and touched 88+ a couple times and looked to have more control over his pitches, despite being roughed up a bit out there. He finished with 5 IP, 6 hits, 2 runs (both earned), with 3 K's and 2 BB's.
- Mark Trumbo hit a deep homer to center field, estimated at 425 feet. He also walked twice and made all the plays he should have out there in right field.
- A.J. Pollock had 2 hits, a walk, and his 11th stolen base on the year while playing his usual stellar defense in center.
- David Peralta came on as a pinch hitter in the top of the 6th with runners on 1st and 2nd and lined a single to right field to score them both after Jason Heyward bobbled the ball.
- Randall Delgado, Oliver Perez, and J.C. Ramirez all came in after the short start from Collmenter and threw scoreless innings.
- Poor Brad Ziegler. Coming into today's game his ERA was a minuscule 0.86. But a belt high change-up to Jason Heyward tied the game and everything unraveled after that. Pinch-hitter Peter Bourjos singled, Matt Carpenter and Matt Holliday walked to load the bases with 1 out. Jhonny Peralta stepped up and, well, I'll just let you watch.
- Ender Inciarte was 0 for 5 and as you can probably tell, struggled to do much of anything offensively out there.
- Jordan Pacheco replaced Tuffy Gosewisch, who was replaced after injuring himself on this play. There's probably a reason why Pacheco didn't play much catcher in Colorado, and we saw that tonight. Just a flat out dumb play from Pacheco to not clear himself after getting the force out at home. At first I assumed the new catchers rules would apply, but looking at it now, it's almost like breaking up a double play at 2nd. As long as you can reach the plate, you can break up the play, which Bourjos smartly did.
- After extending his hitting streak to 11 games, Yasmany Tomas would leave 4 runners on base (2 in scoring position). He looked overmatched on most everything off the plate away.
RC-P90: David Peralta 34.8%
Silenced PP7 : J.C. Ramirez 13.1%, Mark Trumbo 12.8%
KLOBB: Brad Ziegler -82.1%
|Roll Call Info|
|Commenter list||BushLeagueFan, Clefo, Craig Counsel rules, DbacksSkins, DeadmanG, Diamondhacks, GODSCHMIDT, GuruB, James Attwood, Jim McLennan, JoeCB1991, JoelPre, Makakilo, MrMrrbi, Nate Rowan, PhxSunsFan4Life, SongBird, Steven Burt, Toll Booth Willie, azsportsfan31, bbtng, cheese1213, coldblueAZ, ford.williams.10, freeland1787, gamepass, hotclaws, mbarnard11, onedotfive, preston.salisbury, shoewizard|
Big turnout for the series finale, probably with good reason with all the other games being pretty close and due to the fact it was a Wednesday with nothing else interesting on the boob tube. I had a pretty good comment and because I like winning I picked myself.
Come back tomorrow as the Diamondbacks look to defeat no one because they have a day off. We'll probably have a bunch of articles and stuff for you to read and comment about. And who knows, maybe we'll hear good news about Tuffy Gosewisch and/or Peter O'Brien will get called up.