Record: 10-12. Pace: 74-88. Change on 2014: +5.
Ladies and gentlemen, your starting pitcher for tonight's game.
Beer 1: Red Poppy Sour Brown Ale by Lost Abbey
- Sours are gradually growing one me. If anyone had offered up one to me a year ago I might have violently broken the glass on their face and laughed as they writhed in pain. Now though that same, though now maimed person, would earn high praise from me.
- Might have picked a pour (get it?) time to watch the game at the bar with the NFL draft in full swing. You know baseball has fallen far when a draft, not a game, a draft commands serious ratings for 4 days in a row.
- One month in and it's sure as hell a blessing to see that the Dbacks aren't wet dog shit like last year. To be within striking distance of being atop the Division is a blessing.
- By the grace of Sheva I managed to get the game turned on. Let this begin!!
- No effing clue who Frias is, which worries me. We seem to do well against known commodities. Let's pray I'm wrong.
Beer bottles NEED to be this cool.
Beer Cider 2: Wyders Reposado Pear by Vermont Hard Cider
- First time I've every had a cider aged in tequila barrels. Great idea, and it works well with a cider. I can really taste that tequila and if it weren't for the nature of this article I'd order this again.
- All these bro's where I sit.........ughhhhh. I feel like I need a popped collar to sit near these guys.
- Rubby, huge strike out on Kendrick. Was getting worried for a sec, but disaster can still be had with Alex Gonzalez up now
- Praise be to Allah, he pops up and we escape without any blood: 0-0 after the 1st
- Tomas. So much spoken about his power, with so little power show (thus far). Though I have to say, he's batting far better than I thought. Just as I type that he get (yet another) nice single into Right Field.
- Bottom of the order still bothers the heck out of me, as Gose grounds into an easy double play. Still, good to see we're making this pitcher work?
- Rubby's allowed one solo shot, but no more: 0-1 Dodgers.
Beer 3: Hopdog Double IPA by Papapgo Brewing Co.
- I love this brewery (where I'm typing at now) but there was a time I felt all their IPA's were crap. No more. This is good and good for you, and though a double IPA it's very well balanced with an excellent hop aroma.
- RUBBY!!! Seriously. This guy has good stuff, but I'll be dammed if he's not frustrating as hell. Especially this bottom of the 2nd.
- Bases juiced with no out. Thanks Rubby. Thanks a lot. I may need many more beers before this night is done.
- Bullpen already warming up. Ughhhh. At least Rubby strikes out this mysterious Dodgers pitcher
- Annnnnnnndddddddd grand slam. Someone may need to fish me out of the gutter tonight, and I was on such a good run of winning articles. No more. 0-5 Dodgers.
- My Papago buddy Jerry has entered the building. Almost flips over a table upon learning of the grand slam. He's had much drink tonight.
- 1-2-3 go the Dodgers. One inning he's crushed by the bottom of the Dodger lineup, the next he's cruising through the top. Madness.
- I swear, this had better not turn into another Pirates series. A lack of offense usually means a lack of W's: 0-5 going into the bottom of the 4th.
- Annnnnnnnnnnnnd we're back. Technical difficulties cut the game off for a bit......only to resume with Ahmed doing something unproductive at the plate again. Sigh
Beer 4: Point the Way IPA by Golden Road Brewery
- Feels oddly appropriate to have an LA beer while covering this game. Solid IPA, and as a HopHead that is much praise indeed.
- Rubby, again, gets out of another inning without any troubles. After the disaster of the 2nd Rubby really appears to have settled down. Crazy pitchers.
- DORN!!! Good to see a career MiLB guy get his first hit. Good Karma?
- Funny that we get to their bullpen before they get to ours. Though Lord Goldy fails to heed our prayers again. Still, it's a good thing to get their bullpen working in the 6th.
- Trumbo juices the bases thanks to an error. Peralta fails us after. Thanks Offense
- This game feels like it's begging the Dbacks to get back in, but we keep turning away those opportunities. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
- Ethier makes things a little harder for our heroes with a solo shot. My optimism, like the beer in my glass, is fading quickly. 0-6 Dodgers........sigh
- Offense, my kingdom for offense. Seriously. The Dodgers are just a season away from their garbage bullpen, just as we're a season away from our garbage everything not named Paul.
Beer Cider Mead 5: Mango Mead by Redstone Meadery.
- Yes, the drink of my pillaging ancestors: Mead. Though my great-grandfather x infinity probably would never have had mango it goes well with this honey based drink. I actually just finished brewing some 5gal of the stuff myself, though in this case just with desert honey and nothing else.
- Seriously, if not for the 2nd inning this would be a close 0-2 game. Now though.....bleghhhh
- Burgos likes living on the edge. At least he strikes out Barbarossa, but then loads the bases with a walk to Ethier. This game..............................
- Game over man.....game over. 2 out single makes it 0-8 and with that I'm closing out and heading (by bicycle) home.
Bells and whistles, by Jim
Not a happy GameDay Thread, for some inexplicable reason. James Attwood led the commenters, with JoeCB1991 and shoewizard rounding out the top three. Also present: Arizona Eyebrows, Clefo, DeadmanG, Diamondhacks, GuruB, Jim McLennan, JoelPre, Makakilo, Nate Rowan, PhxSunsFan4Life, Robert Merrill, Zavada's Moustache, asteroid, cheese1213, hotclaws, hventure, imstillhungry95, kamshing, onedotfive, overkill94DT and preston.salisbury. Though in honor of the game being at Dodger Stadium, most people had left by the seventh inning... Just the one red comment, from shoewizard.
Tomorrow, it's a Jeremy Hellickson start. I'm not optimistic. But we'll see!