This is not intended to be an exhaustive list, not least because preparing such a list would leave me... Well, exhausted. But I think/hope I've included most of the major moves made since Kevin Towers became the Diamondbacks general manager in September 2010, and I've bolded the ones which were perhaps most important. [If I've missed your favorite, mention it in the comments and I'll happily add it in]
What do you regard as the highs and lows of his time with Arizona, and why? I'll give you my top and bottom three over the weekend, but make your pitch for what should be included.
- December 5: Signed Wily Mo Pena.
- December 6. Signed Melvin Mora.
- December 7. Signed J.J. Putz.
- December 17. Signed Henry Blanco.
- December 17. Signed Xavier Nady.
- January 11. Signed Willie Bloomquist.
- November 2. Signed John McDonald.
- November 3. Signed Henry Blanco.
- November 9, Signed Willie Bloomquist.
- November 15. Signed Aaron Hill.
- December 19. Signed Jason Kubel.
- January 17. Signed Joe Saunders.
- November 4. Signed Tuffy Gosewisch.
- December 6. Signed Eric Hinske.
- December 6. Signed Wil Nieves.
- December 8. Signed Eric Chavez.
- December 11. Signed Brandon McCarthy.
- December 22. Signed Cody Ross.
- July 13. Signed David Peralta.
- December 20. Signed Eric Chavez.
- February 12. Signed Bronson Arroyo.
- March 10. Signed Oliver Perez.
- December 6. Traded a player to be named later (John Hester) and Mark Reynolds to the Baltimore Orioles. Received David Hernandez and Kam Mickolio.
- July 30. Traded Zach Walters to the Washington Nationals. Received Jason Marquis.
- July 31. Traded Brandon Allen and Jordan Norberto to the Oakland Athletics. Received Brad Ziegler.
- August 23. Traded Kelly Johnson to the Toronto Blue Jays. Received Aaron Hill and John McDonald.
- December 9, Traded Ryan Cook, Collin Cowgill and Jarrod Parker to the Oakland Athletics. Received Craig Breslow, Trevor Cahill and cash.
- July 29. Traded Bobby Borchering. and Marc Krauss to the Houston Astros. Received Chris Johnson.
- July 31. Traded Craig Breslow to the Boston Red Sox. Received Matt Albers and Scott Podsednik.
- August 20. Traded Stephen Drew to the Oakland Athletics. Received Sean Jamieson..
- August 26. Traded Joe Saunders and cash to the Baltimore Orioles. Received Matt Lindstrom and cash.
- October 20. As part of a 3-team trade, traded Chris Young and cash to the Oakland Athletics. Received Cliff Pennington from the Oakland Athletics and Heath Bell and cash from the Miami Marlins
- November 20. Traded Ryan Wheeler to the Colorado Rockies. Received Matt Reynolds.
- December 11. As part of a 3-team trade, traded Matt Albers, Trevor Bauer and Bryan Shaw to the Cleveland Indians. Received Didi Gregorius from the Cincinnati Reds and Lars Anderson and Tony Sipp from the Cleveland Indians.
- January 24. Traded Chris Johnson and Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves. Received Brandon Drury., Nick Ahmed, Randall Delgado, Martin Prado and Zeke Spruill.
- July 31. Traded Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres. Received Matt Stites and Joe Thatcher.
- December 3. As part of a 3-team trade, traded Heath Bell and cash to the Tampa Bay Rays and David Holmberg to the Cincinnati Reds. Received Todd Glaesmann (as a PTBNL) and Justin Choate. from the Tampa Bay Rays.
- December 10. As part of a 3-team trade, traded Adam Eaton to the Chicago White Sox and Tyler Skaggs to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Received Brandon Jacobs (as a PTBNL) from the Chicago White Sox and A.J. Schugel (as a PTBNL) and Mark Trumbo from the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
- December 16. Traded Matt Davidson to the Chicago White Sox. Received Addison Reed.
- July 6. Traded Brandon McCarthy and cash to the New York Yankees. Received Vidal Nuno.
- July 31. Traded Gerardo Parra to the Milwaukee Brewers. Received Anthony Banda. and Mitch Haniger.
- July 31. Traded Martin Prado to the New York Yankees. Received Peter O'Brien. and player to be named.
Extensions and other moves
- May 26. Extend Miguel Montero for five years.
- June 24. Extend David Hernandez for two years.
- January 14. Extend J.J. Putz for second year, after exercising 2013 option.
- January 31. Extent Martin Prado for four years.
- February 8. Extend Aaron Hill for three years.
- March 20. Extend Paul Goldschmidt for five years.
- April 6. Selected Will Harris off waivers from the Oakland Athletics.
- December 20. Extend Brad Ziegler for two years.
- January 14. Extend Josh Collmenter for two years.
- June 12. Selected Jordan Pacheco off waivers from the Colorado Rockies.