I've got a nasty feeling that soco was right, and that the team are now playing at the level we expected from them. They've lost five of the last six, and with the Giants 6-0 up already in Detroit, it looks like they will need to win to avoid falling four games back in the NL West race. So, is this the "true" 2011 Diamondbacks, or just one of those momentary aberrations encountered by every contender over a 162-game season? Only way to know is to tune in...
- Willie Bloomquist SS
- Kelly Johnson 2B
- Justin Upton RF
- Chris Young CF
- Wily Mo Pena DH
- Miguel Montero C
- Xavier Nady 1B
- Ryan Roberts 3B
- Gerardo Parra LF
+ Joe Saunders LHP
- Every time I see Bloomquist batting lead-off, I die a little.
- Is it just me, or does Saunders seem to face another leftie just about every time he starts?
- What a great name for a pitcher. No, not Saunders - Outman.
- Nady starts at first. Four games back it is, then.
- 118 F in Phoenix today. This is when we pay for laughing when the rest of the country is freezing its petunias off.