We apologize for the interruption in service, here's today's Snakebytes. As usual, we'll start off with recaps and previews, and then after the jump, more links.
Recaps and Previews
- [dbacks.com] Atlanta Braves at Arizona Diamondbacks Preview
When the Braves and D-backs met May 14th-16th, their three-game set didn't seem like a big deal. But for both teams, it might just have been a turning point for their respective seasons.
- [Examiner.com] Diamondbacks fall to Rockies
The Rockies were able to hold on to their 3-2 lead to avoid being swept by the Diamondbacks in this finale of a three game series. Colorado rockies pitcher Ubaldo Jiminez became the first pitcher in the major leagues to reach 11 wins.
- [miamiherald.com] Atlanta Braves (33-24) at Arizona Diamondbacks (22-35), 9:40 p.m
The Atlanta Braves cooled off a bit out West, at the start of their 11 game road trip. A trip to Arizona to face the struggling D-backs could be enough to get them rolling again. Let's hope not.
- Jimenez, rock-solid again for Rockies, earns 11th win - USATODAY.com
The Colorado Rockies' Ubaldo Jimenez is dominating hitters as if he were Bob Gibson in 1968. Only he might be better.
After the jump, more links.
- [Azcentral.com] Arizona Diamondbacks likely to take pitcher with top pick
The Dbacks seem likely to take a pitcher with their top pick, after loading up on bats in the last draft.
- [USATODAY] With "something missing" in Arizona, Diamondbacks planning to shake things up
According to Fox's Jack Magruder, only Justin Upton, signed to a five year, 50.4 million extension this spring, is "untouchable." Everyone else is available before the July 31st trade deadline
- [dbacks.com] Hinch hoping to ease Heilman's workload
Aaron Heilman has been solid for the D-backs, and manager A.J. Hinch needs his bullpen cohos to follow his lead.
- [Milb.Com] Bailey plates career-high eight runs
Jeff Bailey hit a grand slam, a three-run double and a sacrifice for a career high eight RBIs as Reno routed Portland 14-7
- [USATODAY] Hall and Oates cancel concert plans in response to Arizona immigration law
Hall and Oates have cancled in response to SB1070.
And some stories about the draft.
- [mlb.com] Hundreds of players to realize Draft dreams
It's said that every kid who picks up a baseball dreams of playing in the big leagues. Only a very select few fulfill that dream, but starting a 7 P.M ET today, hundees of talented high school and college players will take their first big steps in that direction when they ae selected in the First-Year Player Draft.
- [mlb.com] Down to the wire: Who's going where?
Jonathon Mayo takes a stap at predicting who's going where in the first round of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft.
And that's it for Today's Snakebytes.