Emily and I are all moved into Zephily Manors, so I will be doing these every morning. Not a whole lot of news today, with yesterday's off day, but I'll do my best to give you a full slate of links.
- [MLB.com] Kennedy, Kershaw face new test of nerves A preview of the Diamondbacks/Dodgers series that opens up today.
- [MLB.com] Montero to DL; surgery needed News on Montero's knee injury
- [ESPN.com] Montero likely out at least 6 weeks A physical therapist take on Montero's injury
- [therawfeed] Reno Aces catcher called up by Arizona Diamondbacks
- [DbacksVenom] Kris Benson throws 5 strong innings in AAA debut
- [FoxSportsArizona.com] Montero update: Dr. Yocum to give second opinion - "Montero reported hearing a "pop" when he planted his right foot while attempting to avoid a tag in the second inning Saturday. A pop is common among patients who have damage to the anterior cruciate ligament, according to medical websites."
- [Fangraphs.com] What We Learned In Week One - Love for Kelly Johnson "The cutback in winter spending led to some necessary market corrections, but it also led to Arizona getting a new second baseman for a fraction of what he’s worth. Kudos to the D’Backs for taking advantage of a market that failed to realize that Johnson is still a quality player."
- (MLBTradeRumors) GM Initiation: Josh Byrnes Josh Byrnes answers questions about his first trade as a GM.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks showing improved defense - "Through six games of the 2010 season, the Diamondbacks are full of star power in the field. They have made several spectacular defensive stops in a year when their manager demanded better glove work all around."
- [SBNation.com] MLB Power Rankings - Diamondbacks up five spots to #15.
That's it for this morning, if i find any more links, i will update this post.