It's kinda easy for us to become somewhat insular as fans, and I want to try and keep us (somewhat!) informed about what's going on elsewhere in the league. So, I've taken a trawl around the other 32 sites in the SB Nation baseball network [one for each team plus the three general sites], and picked the story from the past week on each that caught my attention. That's a pretty broad term: it might be a piece of team news; an interesting game recap; a well-written piece of analysis; an interesting debate in the comments; whatever.
I'm not promising this will be a weekly column - it may last no longer than today, since I had to be dropped off at work an hour before my scheduled start. But if time permits, it might be fun. All links open in a new tab, so you can click away, read the piece, then close the tab and be right back here. We care about your surfing experience here at AZ SnakePit...
See you after the jump for this week's selections.
- Halos Heaven - - You Know You're Drunk When...
- Athletics Nation -
- Lookout Landing - - What Hacking Looks Like
- Lone Star Ball - - Rangers Broadcasts and Twitter
- Let's Go Tribe! - Whither, Dr. Faustus, whither?
- Royals Review - - The "Mystery" of Kyle Farnsworth's "Improvement" Revealed!
- Bless You Boys - Draft Day Analysis
- Twinkie Town - - TC Bear vs. The Cubby Bear: Who ya got?
- South Side Sox - - Contreras, Podsednik Turn Back the Clock
- Bluebird Banter - Guide to Commenting
- Camden Chat - Billy, take some comfort from Brandon
- DRaysBay - Death of the Boos
- Over the Monster - Greenville: A strikeout team with a baseball problem
- Pinstripe Alley - - What's wrong with Wang? Perhaps nothing?
- AZ Snakepit - - You are HERE ⇓
- True Blue LA - Andruw Jones Needs To Shut Up
- McCovey Chronicles - The Bengie Molina Paradox
- Gaslamp Ball - - Musings on the Latrine and Dodgers fans
- Purple Row - - WAR Lords of the Diamond (Position Players)
- The Crawfish Boxes - - Houston Astros travel to Arizona for Weekend Set
- Brew Crew Ball - - BCB Interview: First-rounder Eric Arnett
Viva El Birdos - - should Albert be moved from the #3 spot?
- Bleed Cubbie Blue - The Nature Of Being A Cubs Fan, And A Request For Civility
- Bucs Dugout - Why Hasn't Trading Their Best Hitters C aused the Pirates to Lose More?
- Red Reporter - Bardzilla vs. jch24 - Guess who won?
- Talking Chop - Chipper finally, gradually getting credit he deserves as an all-time great
- FishStripes - Fish Wrap - Marlins 5 Cardinals 6
Amazin' Avenue - And That Happened- the angst over Friday's loss to the MFY continues
- Federal Baseball - - Federal Baseball Talks Stephen Strasburg With Sports Illustrated Writer Lee Jenkins
- The Good Phight - Raul Ibanez and the Juice: Another Look at the Numbers