Record: 23-34. Pace: 65-97. Change on 2013/2010/2004: -9/+1/+1
Turambar and EdBiggHead. UNITE!!!
Past them trees..........
Beer 1 (Turambar) Morning Buzz Coffee Stout
Beer 1 (EdBiggHead) Hop Therapy IPA
- (EdBiggHead) So my Hop Therapy is very good however, it is served in a child's glass. I expect my liquid hops to be served in the skulls of my enemies. With an umbrella and twirly straw.
- (Turambar) My Morning Buzz is served in a large German style mug, like a boss.
- Arroyo against his former club; one easy out and one easy hit. A double play cleans up the mess.
- (EddBiggHead) Thought. I wish the two young gentlemen next to us would stop discussing pre-history tribal geo-politics. The beer fridge behind Patrick and of course the game on T.V is a great distraction to this nonsense.
- Pollack, such a badass. So much win.
- EdBiggHead's clone is sitting behind homeplate. The resemblance is uncanny.
- Not the best kind of RBI from Goldy, but I'll take: 1-0
- Well, this is an unpleasant turn of events. House of the Rising Sun playing and the bases are loaded with no outs. Nice.
- Grand Slam. All good feelings gone now. 1-4
Beer 2 (EdBiggHead): Papago Park Pale Ale
Beer 2 (Turambar): Easy Jack Session IPA
- Monte again, with a not so good throw.....
- EdBiggHead "Oh I'm afraid my appetite will be fully operational when our Pizza arrives."
- Top of the 3rd and we're already dreading Cahill may come in. Thankfully the double play saves us from that fate.
- Cahill looks like Vader in Return of the Jedi after the helmet comes off. Also. Pizza is awesome, all the meat.
- Phillips with the impressive bare hand one hopper. Whatever bro. I remember my first one handed catch.
- Parra comes through with a nice RBI single. I guess having Pollack as the lead off is indeed a good thing. 2-4
- Lord Goldschmidt "Just throw the ball away. I'll spare your lives if you just throw the ball away." 3-4
Beer 3 (EdBiggHead): Torpedo IPA
Beer 3 (Turambar) G'knight Imperial Red
- Well, after a grand slam we somehow have a game again. 3 up and 3 down in the top of the 4th.
- Jerry has joined the fun, he of the Greatful Dead. Good times.
- (EddBigHead) The upright cooler of Spatten Optimator behind Turambar looks very, very tempting.
- Bottom of the 5th and we just might not get a run despite a lead off double......Yup
- Can we hit it past the infield soon? Also, next beer......
- Arroyo still very hittable: deep double to center: 3-5
Beer 4 (EdBiggHead): Easy Jack. basically I was told that this is what I am ordering. Usually I do the telling. But to spare blood, and since I am a guest. Compliance.
Beer 4 (Turambar): Easy Jack. Death.
- God Emperor Goldy with a nice hit up the middle: He must like Easy Jack.
- Fake tag on Goldy's ass on the walk to Prado. Next play....where is Goldy's ass?
- Men on the corners and two outs: the beers are flowing and a challenge has just been made.
- Very very very very close call. EdBiggHead is convinced Inciarte is safe, as am I. Umps see otherwise
Beer 5 (EdBiggHead): G'Knight
Beer 5 (Turambar): Wipa Snapa White IPA
- Madness has taken hold.
- We just finished a 15 min long argument over how many minor league stolen bases Billy Hamilton had.
- Bottom of the 7th it' 4-5. We'll need more beer soon.
- Marshall (frustrated at what happened Tuesday), crushes his enemies, sees them driven before him and hears the lamentations of their women.
- Speaking of more beer. We has it. Patrick's Wipa Snapa is a light IPA from Eurasia and just so happened to not Annex the Crimea.
- EdBiggHead before getting another beer "I gotta go make a sissy tinkle."
Beer 6 (EdBiggHead): Mongo
Beer 6 (Turambar): Mongo
- This next beer is actually a huge bottle of beer that we are sharing. The waitress attemted to take away my empty pint glass and was greeted with a frown. She insisted on bring us "fresh glasses". I did not know that this place was so classy. I feel like I am at Donovan's Steak House, bro.
- Marshall ends peoples lives........and then that HR happened. I blame EdBiggHead
- Our two party table now has a total of five. Patrick, Ed, Jerry a Guy who looks like the scientist from Jaws and his buddy who looks like Bob from Bob's Burgers. Noooooo. Nooooooo. We go in. We kill them. Killllllllll them.
- Fantasy cam on the closer for the Reds...."Past them treeeeeeeees" (Predator)
- game over.......
Bells and whistles
Busy GDT, passing 400 comments. Not bad for a Friday night. DbacksSkins was in front, ahead of JoeCB1991, with SongBird and TolkienBard tied for third. Also present? Clefo, DeadmanG, Diamondhacks, GuruB, Jim McLennan, Makakilo, MrMrrbi, PR151, Rockkstarr12, asteroid, cole8865, hotclaws, luckycc, preston.salisbury, shoewizard and txzona. Comment of the night to Clefo, explaining why Evan Marshall was pitching two innings:
We'll be back at Chase on Saturday night, as McCarthy takes on the Reds. Insert political reference here.