This is a new feature we're adding to the minor league coverage this year to highlight who's playing well and who isn't. This will provide a little broader perspective on what many of our key prospects are doing that might not show up in the daily round-up.
1. Chase Anderson, Mobile, RHP - 12 IP, 5 H, 2 BB, 12 K, 0 ER. Liking AA, but will need to revisit AAA at some point.
2. Jimmie Sherfy, Visalia, RHP - 5 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 0 ER, 12 K, 4 SV. Unhittable right now. Needs a promotion.
3. Andrew Barbosa, Visalia, LHP - 16 IP, 10 H, 6 BB, 28 K, 5 ER. Has been dominating. Left last game with an unknown shoulder injury.
4.. Didi Gregorius, Reno, SS/2B - 15 for 44, 6 XBH, .965 OPS. Keeping the pressure on Owings.
5. Jamie Westbrook, South Bend, 2B - .303/.410/.424 in first go around in full-season ball at the age of 18.
6. Andrew Chafin, Mobile, LHP - 10.1 IP, 12 H, 5 BB, 8 K, 1 ER - Solid, not special though. .293 BAA.
7. Roger Kieschnick, Reno, OF - Hitting .359 and .954 OPS with 7 XBH. Trying to become more than a AAAA guy.
8. A.J. Schugel, Mobile, RHP - 11.2 IP, 5 H, 3 BB, 15 K, 2 ER, .125 BAA. Great start. AAA up next?
9. Raul Navarro, Visalia, SS - .400/.432/.486 plus 4 SB. Vaulted into leadoff spot and doing the job.
10.. Alex Glenn, Visalia, OF - Slugging .581 with 2 HR. Natural power hitter looking for breakout season.
1. Andy Marte, Reno, 3B - .188 BA with .494 OPS. Was supposed to hold down Reno 3B job.
2. Jake Lamb, Mobile, 3B - .182 BA and 14 K in 36 PA. Struggling with advanced pitching so far.
3. Justin Greene, Mobile, OF - .139 BA and .352 OPS. Very slow start after good 2013 at same level.
4. RJ Hively, Mobile, RHP - 3.1 IP, 4 ER, .357 BAA. One of the few aggressively placed relievers and not getting it done. Needs to swap places with Sherfy.
5. Fidel Pena, Visalia, 2B - .152 BA and just 1 XBH. Going the wrong way as a prospect.
6. Daniel Palka, South Bend, 1B - 4 for 42 so far. Can't buy a hit. Have higher hopes than this.
7. Zach Esquerra, South Bend, OF - 2 for 20 with 1 home run. Slugger posting 33% K rate so far.
8. Blake Perry, South Bend, RHP - 9.00 ERA in 2 starts with .361 BAA. 22-year-old in A ball. Running out of time.
9. Ben Eckles, South Bend, RHP - 10.00 ERA with too many walks. Expecting more from Eckles.
10. Austin Platt, South Bend, RHP - 8.64 ERA also with too many walks. South Bend rotation is a mess.