Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the first Beer by Beer recap of a game. Behold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beer #1: Black Marlin Ballast Point Brewing Co.
· Apparently a bad start (rode my bike to the bar) already down 2-0 and I just got my beer. Chipotle spiced stout, good times. Peppers can really work well with a beer, just so long as they compliment the beer and not overwhelm it.
· Pollock got on, that’s nice, but Hill promptly hit into what probably could have been a double play. Not sure what Ramirez was doing there.
· Lord Goldy approacheth, and then walketh away. Two outs in the bottom of the first. Sigh.
· Loud bar tonight, Fridays are hit-or-miss here, today it’s a hit. Great place this Papago, 30 taps and hundreds of bottles. I pray this is not the same game as yesterday.
· Prado is our last hope this inning. Huzzah, and fail.
· Second inning, things looking better for McCarthy. It’s sad to think our pitching really depends on him. Sigh. Almost a 1-2-3 inning.
· Monte does a thing! Hope? Death God Trumbo makes his way to the plate. Hope fades and Trumbo fails.
· Hill is the Kwisatz Haderach! One hell of a play to get the lead runner out! Just noticed that Puig has this neon yellow……thing around his neck.
· Ramirez apparently doesn’t feel like slowing down from last year. Takes away the double play option with a double.
· Two more runs cross the plate, our tire fire pitching situation marches on. Oh joy. 4-0
Not pictured: Our Offense
Beer #2: Mongo IPA Port Brewing
· A yes, Mongo, just a pawn in the great game of life. Also a very good IPA by one of my favorite San Diego breweries. BIG citrus hop bite with a enough body to compliment the intense hopiness.
· Not a strong enough beer to help me forget this game thus far. Offense unable to do much against Ryu and out pitching is wobbly…….at best.
· On to the third. If the game keeps going like this I wont even have a chance to get a decent buzz.
· Gordon with a very humorous strikeout in the 4th frame. Swinging at a pitching so far inside that it might just have hit him if he let it go by. Ryu joins in on the fun almost spinning his way back to Korea.
· Still no offense, except for Monte who doesn’t seem to mind Ryu’s Street Fighter skills at all.
· McCarthy settling into a good routine?
· My friend bald Eric is engaging me in conversation on Lincoln the Vampire Hunter. Convinced it’s a film that had good potential. I’m not so sure.
· McCarthy has kicked his bad habbit of failing. Interesting…….
· Still no offense in the 6th. I’ll need more beer soon…..
· Bald-Eric and Snow-Board Eric now sit at my table, fun and distracting times ensue. This are the type of names locals earn at this fine establishment.
· In Dbacks baseball McCarthy solves you. LA batters appear confounded compared to earlier this game.
Also not pictured: Any Dbacks offense
Beer #3: Good JuJu Ginger spiced ale Left Hand Brewing
· Since this game has reached a wtf moment (when it comes to our offense) I thought to myself, "hmm a ginger spiced beers sounds good."
· Not a bad beer. Ginger flavor isn’t overwhelming, it’s truly a ginger beer, but with alcohol. Winning.
· 7th inning comes and goes and still no sign of our offense. 3 locals now inhabit my table. Puig’s neon neck rounds the bases to second. Madness
· Trumbo trumbums a hit, thus showing his fielding prowess. The trainwreck of a game goes on. McCarthy is mortal I guess.
00Beer might save us.......
SURPRISE BEER #4: Wake Up Dead Nitro Imperial Stout Left Hand Brewing
· Bald Eric’s and Greg’s kindness know no bounds. Free beer and a good one at that. Nitro (instead of CO2) keeps the imperial stout more creamy and covers up the booziness (10.5%) Awesome!
· Blessed free beer almost made me forget this trainwreck game. McCarthy got the hook, time to see if our legendary bullpen can un$^$# this situation. Luckily they do, but with a score of 6-0…..doesn’t matter.
· Yea. This game is over. More beer will be had.
· Small child holds up Beat LA sign upside down to the camera, oblivious to his error. Yeah, that’s how this game has gone.
Beer #5 Black Marlin…..again (because it’s awesome)
Yup, we lost. Offense didn't show up and McCarthy had a not-so-good outing. It's really that simple.
More beer will be had, if only to help me forget how awful our pitching is.
Bells and whistles
Not a happy Gameday Thread, obviously. TolkienBard and asteroid led the way, with Fangdango in third. Also present: Airwave, DeadmanG, Dirtdawg90, GODSCHMIDT, GuruB, Jim McLennan, JoeCB1991, MrMrrbi, Zavada's Moustache, benhat, cole8865, hotclaws, imstillhungry95, luckycc and txzona. No comment received more than a single rec, so I'm with-holding Comment of the Night. We were all too sad and disappointed for that.