The Arizona Diamondbacks open their fourth spring at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick when pitchers and catchers report on Feb. 6, with their first workout the following day. Position players then report on Feb. 11, with the first full-squad workout also the day after. As usual, the workouts will be open to the public, and fans may park in the Desert Lot on the north side of the complex, which is best accessed via 90th Street off of Via de Ventura. There's also an early start to the actual games, as we open the Cactus League exhibition season on Feb. 26 versus the Los Angeles Dodgers at Salt River Fields a 1:10 p.m. I think we'll be sick of them before long. :)
As well as the players on the 40-man roster (38 of those at present), here are the 27 non-roster invitees - 13 pitchers and 14 position players - who will be looking to make a good impression during spring training.
- Right-handed pitchers (11): Jake Barrett, Mike Bolsinger, Archie Bradley, R.J. Hively, Daniel Hudson, Willy Paredes, Adam Russell, A.J. Schugel, Seth Simmons, Matt Stites and Jess Todd.
- Left-handed pitchers (2): Andrew Chafin; Ryan Rowland-Smith;
- Catchers (4): Henry Blanco, Blake Lalli, Bobby Wilson and Steven Rodriguez;
- Infielders (7): Nick Ahmed, Nick Evans, Michael Freeman, Mike Jacobs, Sean Jamieson, Jake Lamb and Andy Marte;
- Outfielders (3): Danny Dorn, Justin Greene and Evan Marzilli.
We'll have our usual more detailed look at these, a bit nearer the time.