As you may recall, Whit did a BBQ chicken nachos. This too is a nachos recipe, except it's a sweet take on the idea. Instead of tortilla chips, we use crisp, tart apples, and instead of cheese, we use caramel and melted marshmallows. One of the best things about this dessert is that you can make it as sugary, or not, as you want. Choices! Best part is, these are super simple, and only take about twenty minutes to whip together.
Courtesy of Taste of Home Magazine
- 36 caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 medium, tart apples (such as Granny Smith), peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/3 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles to taste
- In the microwave, melt the caramels with water. Stir until smooth
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the marshmallows and butter
- Arrange the apples on a large platter. Drizzle with the caramel and marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with the peanuts, chocolate, and sprinkles. Serve immediately.
My favorite kind of dessert: the quick and easy kind, the best for parties and such where you're busy. Also, pretty fun. As I said earlier, you can make this as sugary as you want. Just use less of the sauces if you don't want as much sugar. Enjoy!
Fang Food is a series of weekly baseball food articles written by prwhitaker1 (Whit), imstillhungry95 (Blake) and Turambar (Patrick). Check out the archive of past articles! Questions, comments, suggestions, concerns? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Facebook.