- 'Fun" ending to D-backs'longest home game
Jack Magruder provides us all with a nice article, including some extra tidbits about key factors that played into this morning's longest game ever at Chase Field.
- Boyfriend needs to read the manual about what to do when the date is in trouble:
Having taken the series from the Cardinals 2-1 certainly helps make the beating the Diamondbacks took on Tuesday night feel less painful. Well, that is of course unless you are this girl. Seriously though - we all hope she is okay.
- Fantasy Facts - Aaron Hill pulls for power
Aaron Hill hit 26 home runs in 2012, all of which were pulled. No player who pulled all his home runs hit as many last season. - An interesting bit of statistical discovery from the folks over at ESPN.
- An interesting snapshot of the Diamondbacks can be found over at AZ Central. There are some looks at the team by position from various scouts, as well as an interview with KT about the Goldschmidt extension.
Around the rest of MLB
- The Diamondbacks aren't the only team working through significant injuries. The AARP crew over in the Bronx. With a significant portion of the team already on the DL, things are just getting better for the Bronx Bombers as Hiroki Kuroda had to be removed from the game after getting hit with a batted ball.
- The state of Texas is giving the Diamondbacks plenty of reasons to pay attention. First, the Rangers extended Elvis Andrus, demonstrating exactly why trading Upton for the now filthy-rich Boras client was pretty much never a very good idea.
- Meanwhile, those laughable losers from down south are trying their best to erase one of the Diamondbacks more dubious MLB records.