Throughout the week I found myself thinking about those scenarios where the grill might not be an option. A rainy day, the time you forget the charcoal, or the rare instance that you find the propane tank empty are just a few examples of things that could ruin your weekend grilling adventure. So loyal Fang Food followers get your slow cookers ready because it is that time again! Today Fang Food makes its way to the kitchen and gives you BBQ Chicken Nachos.
We have all been at the concession counter craving the plastic bowl of stale chips and nacho cheese, but let me assure you that this craving will never happen again! Overall the BBQ Chicken Nachos are easy to make. Slow cooking the chicken takes some time but the rest of the recipe is quick and easy to prepare.
- (2) 1 lb. Chicken Breasts
- 1 Pack of Bacon
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Green Onion (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker
- Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- Set on "Low" setting and let cook for 3 hours
- Once 3 hours have passed, shred chicken in slow cooker and let set on "Warm" setting
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees
- Layer tortilla chips on a cookie sheet
- Distribute shredded cheese over the chips
- Add another layer of tortilla chips and cover with more cheese
- Distribute shredded chicken throughout the chips and drizzle BBQ sauce over entire tray
- Crumble bacon and spread over the whole tray
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes
- Blend ranch dressing and a small amount of BBQ sauce in a bowl and use as a cool dip for the final product
Losing the opportunity to light the coals is never ideal but there will always be other options for a great barbeque meal. Enjoy the BBQ Chicken Nachos and until next time, GO SNAKES!
Fang food is a series of weekly baseball food articles written by prwhitaker1 (Whit), imstillhungry95 (Blake) and, beginning next week, Turambar (Patrick) will be covering the liquid side of the menu. Questions, comments, suggestions, concerns? Email us at email@example.com or contact us on Facebook.