Fang Food is not just an article - to me, it is a passion, and I will never post a recipe without knowing that it is good. With that being said, I give you Apple Bacon Burgers (yes, I said bacon)! Once again, this is a very easy spot to grill up, but the end result will make your party goers think that you are a grill master. I like these burgers, because they provide the hearty feel and taste of beef, but the apple flavor is light and refreshing. The following set up makes four servings, and is ready to eat in 30 minutes.
- ½ lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Small Green Apples
- 2 Tablespoons Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 4 Kaiser Rolls, Split and Toasted
- 6 Slices of Crisp Bacon
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Core and finely chop one of the apples; combine in a large mixing bowl with beef. Shape into 4, ½ inch thick patties. Grill directly over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until no pink remains.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, and honey. Core and slice remaining apple.
- To assemble the burgers, layer apple slices and grilled burgers on the toasted bun bottoms. Top each with bacon. Spread a generous layer of the sauce on top bun.
These burgers will go great with Blake's coleslaw recipe from last week. I hope that you like the Apple Bacon Burgers, and remember to be looking for Fang Food every Sunday on azsnakepit.com. Until next time, GO SNAKES! BEAT L.A.!
Fang food is a series of weekly baseball food articles written by prwhitaker1 (Whit) and imstillhungry95 (Blake). Questions, comments, suggestions, concerns? Email us at email@example.com!