- Kevin Towers: They have already talked to Prado's agent about an extension. The player was already "interested" in an extension and the D-backs have "made some progress," and are "hopeful and optimistic" that it will get done. They want to get it taken care of before the season.
- "We're pretty comfortable where we're at." Towers feels they've addressed the areas of concern, and are happy with Adam Eaton as the lead-off guy. So it doesn't seem like they will be pursuing Rick Porcello. "I doubt we'll go out and try to acquire another starter."
- "If you look at the draft and what we've been doing on the the amateur side, internationally, is trying to acquire as many up the middle players as we can... A lot of the moves we've made have been with that in mind."
- Kirk Gibson: "I think when you look into who you're adding, you are somewhat trying to predict how people are going to mesh together. Chemistry is one of the things we've had a ton of conversations about this year, and it's certainly something we feel very good about."
- "We'd prefer to be more like we were in 2011. We want the results to be there and take it a bit further. We want to be gritty, we want to be a team that pressures our opponent, we're relentless, we're highly dedicated, we're determined and undeterred in our goals."