Hey, guess what pseudo-holiday it is? My understanding is that, contrary to many people's opinions, it's not like Mexican Independence Day, more as it's like Mexican St. Patrick's Day.
- [DBacks.com] D-backs turn tables on Mets with rally for win - And the win puts us at 5-3 so far on the road trip.
- [FS Arizona] Ransom, D-backs rally late to top Mets - But how about that Cody Ransom?
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks rally to defeat New York Mets in series opener - I mean, let's get some perspective. Cody Ransom made his first MLB appearance in 2001, when imstillhungry95 was (probably) six years old, and had put together just 383 plate appearances since then.
- [Amazin' Avenue] Mets Lose Fourth Straight As Bullpen Falters Once Again - Probably not the right time to tell Mets fans about our feelings towards Jon Rauch, is it?
- [FS Arizona] Montero rewarding Diamondbacks for belief - Miggy was on the verge of abandoning baseball when the DBacks signed him. Remember that next time he guns down a stolen base attempt.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks working to improve hitting vs. left-handers - The DBacks are tied for the lowest OPS in the league against lefties. Can't expect too much if they've got such a glaring weakness.
- [Venom Strikes] D-Backs Seeing Massive Jump in TV Ratings for FOX Sports - A 53% bump in ratings- and any increase in fan interest is good news for the team.
- [Arizona Sports] Diamondbacks bullpen having its share of struggles - "Once upon a time, the Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen was one of the best in baseball[.]" Of course, a year before that, it was one of the worst, so things may change. But I think we'll see the bullpen stabilize and improve a bit.
- [Syracuse.com] Poliquin: Patrick Corbin is living the dream with (and pitching well for) the Arizona Diamondbacks - Patrick Corbin will take the mound in front of plenty of family and friends tonight in New York.
- [Baseball Nation] Should Marlins Stick With Heath Bell As Closer? - If we're wondering how long J.J. Putz's leash is, just consider that Heath Bell's ERA is over 10.
- [HardballTalk] Aaron Cook gets gash in leg patched up, returns to game - And then gives up several runs, but that's still pretty hardcore.
- [Big League Stew] The 10 best-selling New Era baseball hats - Sadly, the DBacks do not make the list.
- [LA Times] Angels' offensive struggles continue in 4-0 loss to Blue Jays - Pujols is hitting below the .200 mark, and the fans are not feeling forgiving.
- [MLB.com] New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera said he plans to return from his injury next season - Despite the knee injury, Mariano Rivera says he wants to pitch again next season. Good luck, man.