Just straightforward today...
- [DBacks.com] Cahill steals show as D-backs quiet Harper, Nats - Cahill was pretty lights-out. Just what we needed from him.
- [AZ Central] Trevor Cahill, Diamondbacks down Washington Nationals in Bryce Harper's home debut - While the offense has recovered the past few days, the starting rotation has really stepped up to help, too.
- [FS Arizona] D-backs notebook: Cahill easy on outfielders - John McDonald doesn't start often, but he certainly did all he could yesterday.
- [Federal Baseball] Washington Nationals Drop Fifth Straight, 5-1 To Arizona Diamondbacks In Bryce Harper's D.C. Debut - That double play in the sixth inning was a key moment. The Nationals never really put together a threat after that.
- [DBacks.com] Goldschmidt aims to reward Gibson's faith - Gibby says he feels like Paul Goldschmidt is about to break out of his offensive funk. It'd be good to see.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks' baserunning shows improvement - As Eric Young puts it, last year they were aggressive. This year they want to be smart aggressive. So far, so good.
- [Rant Sports] Miguel Montero Wants Arizona to Show Him the Money; Should They? - One of the looming off-season issues- will Miggy be back?
- [Reno Gazette-Journal] Reno Aces: Beat-boxing Wheeler finds new hit - Ryan Wheeler is putting it together at the plate, it seems- eight multi-hit games in his past ten, and he earned player of the week for the Pacific Coast League.
- [FanGraphs] Tyler Skaggs: Stuff-Versus-Stats - We hear a lot of hype about Tyler Skaggs- one of the writers at FanGraphs went to watch him pitch.
- [Big League Stew] Jon Rauch pitches to Jose Altuve in baseball’s version of David vs. Goliath - In Snakepit terms, it'd be like Azreous pitching to DBacksSkins.
- [Baseball Nation] Can The Phillies Recover From Their Rough Start? - Well, we all know that April pretty much defines your season. Pack it up, Phillies.
- [HardballTalk] Tim Beckham’s drug: marijuana. Which makes for a really dumb suspension. - I find it interesting that players on the 40 man roster don't get tested for pot, but players in the minors do. Seems like it should be a bit more consistent.
- [Miami Herald] Miami Marlins working to plug leaks in Marlins Park’s roof - And the grass keeps dying.
- [LA Times] Dodgers must pay Major League Baseball legal bills - "Hey, congrats on buying the team! Now we're just going to need you to pay these bills."