Chris Young has been rei... Er, never mind, I see Clefo has got to that already. :) What else is there, then?
- [FSAZ] Bees, fan ejection highlight D-backs' odd day - "Justin Upton’s bat flew into the stands when he swung and missed a pitch in the eighth, landing 13 rows into the seats behind the D-backs dugout along the third-base line. The 20-something woman who ended up with the bat held it above her head — stopping to make sure her tube top was positioned properly — as she was escorted from her seat."
- [AZ Central] Diamondbacks top Rockies on Justin Upton's home run in 9th inning - "It's something that we pride ourselves in never giving up," closer J.J. Putz said. "We're going to play right down to the last out. We needed every bit of it today."
- [AP] Upton's 2-run homer lifts D-backs to 9-7 win ''It shows up a lot that way,'' Upton said. ''A guy makes a good play and comes in and starts off an inning with a hit. It happens that way, but I don't know if you necessarily mentally bring it with you (to the plate). It definitely makes you feel good, that you can stop some runs from scoring. It kind of puts you in a good mood.''
- [MLB.com] Upton's homer seals win in see-saw affair - Kirk Gibson: "That's what we're trying to get back to. It was a great team effort today, and it was the kind of game we needed. There was a lot of stress in it, a lot of competition."
- [dbacks.com] Kevin Towers mulling over changes to ballclub - "I can't tell you if there's going to a move or not. Maybe none, but we just kind of want to re-evaluate where we're at, and if there are any other options out there that might make us better and kind of spark the club a little bit."
- [AZ Central] Pitch and catch with Paul Goldschmidt - Q: Were you self-conscious about the drought, though? A: No. You understand how it is. You can't try to hit home runs. Well, I can't. Maybe some guys can. I knew eventually it would come.
- [FSAZ] D-backs' comeback victory looks like old times "For us to battle back, we need these type of games where we have to grind and put together some singles, get the big hit. That's how you build confidence," Upton said. "The blowouts don't build as much confidence as the close games do. It's good to have a few of these."
Prospects and other stuff
- [Nick Piecoro] D-Backs show no fear of Reno - "I’m not concerned about sending somebody there," Diamondbacks farm director Mike Bell said. "You have to be pretty sure it’s time for them to move. I think every circumstance is different. The pitcher, first and foremost, has to be mentally prepared for it."
- [MLB.com] D-backs' Chris Owings nets Player of Week - The No. 4 prospect on the D-backs' Top 20 list led the Minors in total bases to earn Prospect Watch Player of the Week honors. Owings had 26 total bases over six games, finishing with a .519/.567/.963 line for the week. He had six extra-base hits (three homers, three doubles).
- [AZ Central] A close-up look at Diamondbacks prospect Marc Krauss - "Krauss showed up at spring training in good physical condition and, after being sent back to Mobile, has started his season on a good note. In 40 games, he has a .286 average, .409 on-base and .534 slugging. He has 11 doubles, two triples and six homers."
- [Fox Sports] College grads in baseball a rare breed - "The Arizona Diamondbacks are the most educated team in baseball with seven college grads... J.J. Putz received his undergraduate kinesiology degree from the University of Michigan more than 11 years after the Seattle Mariners drafted him."