Well, the first of May- after the past couple days, have we seen the Diamondbacks offense pull out of its nose-dive? One can certainly hope...
- [DBacks.com] Corbin earns win in debut as D-backs down Fish - A couple of big double plays helped- and getting nine runs of offensive support is nice, too.
- [AZ Central] Pat Corbin solid in major-league debut as Diamondbacks defeat Marlins - Corbin said he faced some early game jitters- understandable- but he did pretty well after that.
- [FS Arizona] Corbin pitches D-backs past Marlins in debut - The Marlins defense helped out, too, giving up a couple of timely errors to help the Diamondbacks build an early lead.
- [Miami Herald] Costly errors doom Miami Marlins in loss to Arizona Diamondbacks - Apparently, Ozzie Guillen is feeling a little tense about the Marlins latest struggles.
- [DBacks.com] DC readies for fanfare of Harper's home debut - Oh, man, I completely forgot it'd be his home debut. Well, let's see if we can't take some of the shine off of it.
- [FS Arizona] D-backs face Nats on Harper's home debut - What? Adding one player has not miraculously made seven other players suddenly start playing better? I don't even understand how that could be true.
- [Miami Herald] Arizona Diamondbacks (12-11) at Washington Nationals (14-8) - Another NL East team in a skid- the Nationals have dropped their last four.
- [DBacks.com] Plenty of throws, little game action for Putz - The problems of only using a closer in save situations- he won't always get time in the game.
- [Arizona Sports] D-backs' Hudson tweets about progress - Hooray for technology helping our players let them know how they're doing on the DL.
- [Sports Illustrated] Top five prospects likely to follow Bryce Harper and Mike Trout - A DBacks prospect takes first on the list- no points for guessing who.
- [Reno Gazette-Journal] Aces pitcher has made dramatic improvements to become one of PCLs best - A return to the rotation is probably a long shot for Barry Enright, given the arms we have in our system, but he seems like a good guy and I'm glad to see him having some success.
- [Swingin' A's] One Month Review: The Trevor Cahill/Craig Breslow Trade - A month in may be a little early to evaluate a trade, but, hey, it's the internet.
- [Baseball Nation] Bruce Chen: Social Scientist - "Bruce Chen- he chews his gum confidently." This is what happens when broadcasters run out of things to say. Like when you throw over to first ten times- in one at bat.
- [FanGraphs] Jamie Moyer: Colorado Rockies Ace - Will always amuse me.
- [Big League Stew] Albert Pujols’ homerless drought enters its second month as star takes issue with hitting coach - A month in, and I'm sure Angels fans are a little tired of waiting...
- [HardballTalk] Roger Clemens wants the jury to know how bad a dude Brian McNamee is - Is he a bad enough dude to rescue the president? No, seriously, how long can this debacle stretch on?