That game yesterday? That's what makes baseball fun, and that's why you should never, ever leave a game early.
- [DBacks.com] D-backs roar back to sweep Giants - It was an ugly, ugly game. But probably a lot uglier for the Giants fans.
- [FS Arizona] D-backs' sweep shows comeback spirit lives - In case you were wondering if the team's attitude would be any different from last year, I think this may have answered your question.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks rally, finish sweep of San Francisco Giants - I almost feel like "rally" doesn't quite encompass this game. It wasn't a comeback from a couple runs down late in the game. It looked like we were on our way to a crushing defeat pretty early on, and the team didn't let their mistakes rattle them and fought back to win it. It was pretty amazing.
- [SF Gate] SF Giants blow 6-0 lead and lose; Bochy ejected - "More troubling for the Giants is their subservience to Arizona, which has won the past eight meetings. That is the kind of ownage that can get into the losing team's head." I'll just let that comment speak for itself.
- [DBacks.com] Personalized pants a symbol of Shaw's arrival - With a headline like that, I had to include this article.
- [SB Nation Arizona] Fans Show Up In Large Numbers To Arizona Diamondbacks Opening Weekend - Biggest crowd for opening weekend since 2003- and they got a pretty exciting series to watch, too.
- [FS Arizona] Gibson humble despite Manager of Year award - The award will eventually be auctioned off to fund his scholarship fund for students going to Michigan State University.
- [al.com] Strong pitching should be key for Mobile BayBears this season - I don't normally pay a whole lot of attention to the minors, but Mobile has a lot going for it this year.
- [The Montgomery Advertiser] Reno Aces: Lane moves from the outfield back to the mound - You know how they say Kevin Towers can find pitching anywhere? Well... They mean it.
- [ESPN.com] MLB Power Rankings - Up four spots to #3. A big sweep over the main threat in the division will do that.
- [SI.com] Marlins' Ozzie Guillen will apologize again for Castro comment - Early days, but Ozzie's obviously in mid-season form.
- [Big League Stew] Babe Ruth’s daughter still isn’t a Yankees fan - I know we discussed this a couple of days ago, but there were questions why Babe Ruth's daughter cheers for the Red Sox instead of the Yankees. And here's an explanation.
- [Philly.com] Durable Qualls fighting heel problem - Chad Qualls has been facing some pain when pitching. DBacks fans can sympathise, we've felt some pains during some of his pitching performances, too...
- [ESPN] Brewers rotation not one of baseball's best - Which seems like an odd thing to specify. But okay. Also, based on on 2011 bWAR? DBacks 2012 rotation is second best in the National League, (way) behind the Phillies.
- [HardballTalk] Astros set record for lowest attendance at Minute Maid Park - Well, when you lose 106 games the previous season, I wouldn't be too surprised that not many people show up.
Take a day off, folks. You've earned it. The team gets a travel day and heads to San Diego, so we'll keep our undefeated season alive for one more day.