I'm still calling him the Dread Pirate. You can't stop me.
We keep getting closer. We're seeing our boys in Chase Field, we're seeing the roster get finalized- it's just around the corner, folks.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson not shy about tinkering with batting order - Still no set lineup for Opening Day. Look, Gibby, don't pull a Bob Melvin on us here...
- [DBacks.com] D-backs slugger Justin Upton not resting on laurels after outstanding 2011 campaign - Upton's only 24. He knows he's still got room to improve.
- [ESPN] ESPN's expert team predictions for 2012 baseball season - 33 of ESPN's 50 experts have the DBacks winning the NL West, and 16 have them winning the National League. How many predict a World Series ring for Arizona this year? Um...
- [FS Arizona] D-backs still love Montero, but how much? - I certainly hope this isn't Miggy's last Opening Day with the DBacks, but we'll see how things work out in contract talks.
More DBacks News:
- [Visalia Times-Delta] Plenty of Arizona Diamondbacks top prospects starting season with Rawhide - After some sparse times, it's kind of nice to realize we've got a lot of exciting players to keep an eye on, even in the minors.
- [SB Nation Arizona] Arizona Diamondbacks 2012 Preview: Which Farmhands Will Make Their Presence Felt? - And speaking of prospects to watch, here's a good rundown of them. Including a special tier just for Trevor Bauer. As it should be. (I really agree with the comparison of Bauer to- well, watch the video clip provided, I think the metaphor fits.)
- [FanGraphs] Five Prospects Teams May Regret Trading - A familiar name at #4.
- [Baseball Nation] Padres Changing Direction Once Again - I almost have to feel sorry for Padres fans at this point, it must be dispiriting to watch your franchise seem like it has no clue what it's doing. But, then I remember they're Padres fans.
- [HardballTalk] Indians send Ryan Spilborghs to Triple-A, release Felix Pie - Spilborghs is in Triple-A while Frenchy has a pretty sweet contract through next season. Look, outfielders, I'm not saying you need to fear the Snakepit's influence but....
- [Big League Stew] Baltimore Orioles lose to community college team - Paging Dan Harmon, I have an idea for an episode for you.
- [Miami Herald] Baseball commissioner: New Marlins stadium will engage formerly fickle Miami fans - Because the best way to get fans is through a new stadium, rather than fielding a good team over the past several seasons. Excellent work, guys. Of course, the Marlins would have had to pay for the players, and taxpayers paid for the stadium.
One more practice game today, folks, and then we're on our way to actual, meaningful baseball... Be patient.