So, kishi's backed-up today, and needed a pinch-hitter. Though, really, he'd already done most of the work. I feel more like the guy called on to get the final out of the game, after the starter has thrown 8 2/3 dominant innings, and picks up a vulture win when his team scores in the ninth. Thanks for your efforts, kishi... Good win for the D-backs too last night, though the last couple of innings kinda took the shine off it.
- [DBacks.com] Miley is a big hit, backed by pop stars - By the end of the second, the DBacks were up 6-0, while Wade Miley had only needed 19 pitches so far.
- [FS Arizona] D-backs light up Phillies early, hold on for win - Justin Upton says he's starting to feel better. He looked better last night, too, getting his first home run of the season.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks offense delivers in series-opening win over Philadelphia Phillies - Jason Kubel also showed some good power- a home run and two doubles.
- [The Good Phight] Chamberlain'd - Diamondbacks 9, Phillies 5 - Look, guys, D'Backs is a perfectly cromulent word.
- [Hardball Talk] Joe Paterson’s horrible start tops all other horrible starts - How bad was it? Well...
- [DBacks.com] Drew's latest workout is 'encouraging' - During his workout, Stephen Drew dove for a groundball, so that's an improvement.
- [FS Arizona] D-backs' Young likely out more than 15 days - Not encouraging. But if Upton and Kubel can hit, then we'll work through it as best we can.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson not concerned about RHP Daniel Hudson - On the other hand, it'd be good if we can get Daniel Hudson back soon. Gibby says they'll rest Hudson for five days and then have him start playing catch to test his shoulder.
- [Venom Strikes] D-Backs Prospect Trevor Bauer is Absolutely Dominating Double-A Hitters - And he's not the only one.
- [ArizonaSports.com] 'Forgotten' Miley just keeps plugging along - "I just tried to throw as many fastballs as I can," Miley said Monday. "If it's working, stick with it. [Montero] did a great job of seeing what was going on. I didn't shake him one time all night, it was all Miggy, and we were on the same page all night."
- [SB Nation Arizona] What To Do With The Struggling Joe Paterson? - "The current trend of things says a change need to be made. Zagurski seems to be the one to make the most sense." And looks like we might have a winner...
- [NBC Sports] Might be no written decision in Braun - Uh-huh.
- [New York Post] Yankees and StubHub having a fight over prices - People are selling tickets too cheaply? Sorry, baseball. That's how the market works. But, given how hand out contracts sometimes, I can see how you might not understand this.
- [MLB.com] All-Star write-in candidates already emerging - "Speedy outfielders Gerardo Parra and Juan Pierre were also not among the National League outfield choices, as neither looked poised to play much at the start of the season. But they have carved a niche with their respective teams because of injuries and solid play." txzona, is that you?
- [ESPN] Pitcher Dontrelle Willis is filing a grievance against Baltimore Orioles - "The club placed him on the restricted list and is preventing him from signing with another organization even though he left the Orioles' Triple-A affiliate with the consent of a team official."
- [MLB.com] Howard improving; Pence to undergo MRI - Looks like I can roll out the "Half a sick Pence" joke again tonight.