Sure, it's early. Sure, it's one win. But it was nice to see the guys manage it.
- [DBacks.com] Parra's slam snaps D-backs' five-game skid - So we avoid matching last August's six game losing streak, thanks to a Parra grand slam.
- [FS Arizona] Ransom perseveres, helps D-backs end skid - Always good to see contributions from a new player.
- [AZ Central] Gerardo Parra's grand slam helps Arizona Diamondbacks defeat Atlanta Braves - Ian Kennedy: "Defense, offense, they did it all for me today." I like when this team plays and talks like a team.
- [Atlanta Journal-Constitution] Braves’ win streak snapped after Delgado serves up slam - Of course, it helps sometimes when your pitcher is walked on four pitches.
- [Dbacks.com] Injuries play into opener between Phils, D-backs - It's been a rough start to the season for both teams- neither is really where they expected to be.
- [FS Arizona] Miley gets start as D-backs host Phillies - Anyone who was hoping to see Cliff Lee and Daniel Hudson face off tonight might be slightly disappointed at the Wade Miley-Kyle Kendrick matchup they're getting instead.
- [SB Nation Philly] Phillies Vs. Diamondbacks: Kyle Kendrick Gets The Start In Place Of Cliff Lee - Injuries are the big story so far. But it's early. Maybe we'll see something more interesting to talk about.
- [Venom Strikes] Is Gerardo Parra the Player to Lead the D-Backs Offense? - He may not be a slugger, but he was one of our better hitters last year.
- [Arizona Sports] Don't hit the panic button yet - I don't think any of us are hitting the panic button- if nothing else, last season taught us that a bad April isn't a killer, and we're still at .500 right now.
- [SB Nation Arizona] Arizona Diamondbacks Player/Pitcher Of The Week: Tough Week To Pick - Not a whole not to go on, really.
- [Reno Gazette-Journal] Aces want fans to join 'The Club' - The Aces are taking advantage of social media to push their team. I'm always interested to see how organizations work with new opportunities like this.
- [Bird Droppings] How things can change in a hurry … - This week's events have been an excellent demonstration of why it's a good thing we didn't trade Gerardo Parra.
- [Beyond the Box Score] Performances in April Mean Little When Forecasting Success - We've seen this demonstrated by the Diamondbacks- both ways. So let's keep that in mind.
- [Baseball Nation] Jarrod Parker Called Up By Oakland A's - After some control problems in spring training, Oakland thinks Jarrod Parker is ready to come up to the majors.
- [HardballTalk] $10,000 worth of baseball tattoos? Sure, why not. - $10,000? Forget the money for a moment, I'm just not sure I'd have the patience to sit still that long.
- [Big League Stew] The Seattle Kingdome visitors dugout can be yours for the not-so-low price of $7,500 - Well, I think I found the perfect Mother's Day present for my nephews to buy... Anyone want to give them $7500? They are adorable.