Willie Bloomquist- always choosing the wrong time to propose.
It seems like it's been too long a week, especially for the Diamondbacks. So maybe we can hit the weekend and turn things around.
- [DBacks.com] Collmenter improves, but still falls to Braves - He held it together better than previous starts, but still stumbled late and Wade Miley didn't do so well out of the bullpen.
- [FS Arizona] Despite loss, Collmenter shows improvement - Is managing 5.1 innings and only (only?) giving up 4 runs enough to get Collmenter another start?
- [AZ Central] Atlanta Braves rough up Arizona Diamondbacks in series opener - Collmenter did run into some bad luck in the sixth inning.
- [Atlanta Journal-Constitution] Freeman homers twice, Minor pitches gem, Braves roll - The Braves had some stumbles, too, but the DBacks just couldn't take advantage of it.
- [DBacks.com] Upton expects to return to lineup soon - Every little bit helps, right?
- [FS Arizona] D-backs adjust to sudden turn of events - It is a long season, and things can change very abruptly. The only certainty is that we'll run into more unforeseen problems throughout the season.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks 1B Paul Goldschmidt looking to bust out of slump - It is only his first full season in the majors, and a good player is always learning. I think he'll adjust and turn it around.
- [Deadspin] Diamondbacks Fan Catches Foul Ball, Does Not Drop Pizza - That's focus.
- [MLB.com] Voting is now under way for 2012 All-Star Game in Kansas City - Because two weeks in to the season is the prime time to select the best players in baseball.
- [Big League Stew] Wishing Fenway Park a happy 100th birthday from someone who’s never been to a game there - In case you've missed all the hoopla...
- [Hardball Times] Cooperstown Confidential: Satchel Paige and Jamie Moyer - Satchel Paige is just fascinating to me.
- [ESPN] MLB, union will deny Albert Pujols-type deals in future - Interesting, but odd that they allowed a few of them before stopping entirely.
- [New York Times] Perez Snagged by Baseball's Twitter Policy - Look, man, they're the unwritten rules. You shouldn't type them, either.