Look, man, some people just aren't ready to argue with Gibby yet. No shame. Just walk it off.
If you've been putting it off, this is your reminder to go do your taxes. I mean, between the Leap Year and the weekend, you're already three days later than you'd normally have to be. Stop procrastinating on it.
- [Dbacks.com] D-backs homer thrice as Saunders trips Bucs - Well, small sample size, but so far Joe Saunders has really made the DBacks look smart for re-signing him this off-season.
- [FS Arizona] D-backs' Young 'not missing' amid red-hot start - Chris Young says he's better at relaxing at the plate this year. If that's what is causing this start for him, then let's get a masseuse between innings for him.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks open homestand with big win over Pittsburgh Pirates - On the other hand, Erik Bedard's 0-3 record really doesn't match up with his 2.65 ERA.
- [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette] Relief pitching falters, Pirates lose to Diamondbacks, 5-1 - I mean, I'd think the lack of offense from the Pirates should get the blame here.
- [DBacks.com] Drew impresses in pregame workout - No really news about when Drew might be back, but it all sounds positive, so I just keep assuming mid-May unless we hear otherwise.
- [The Pendulum] Baseball’s best team that nobody knows about - Judging by how I'm seeing more noise about the team lately, they're not as anonymous as they once were.
- [AZ Central] Nick Piecoro - 1st-inning leads & CY; the 5th starter; farm report; & other stuff - The Diamondbacks have done pretty well in the early innings, and while we complain about Willie Bloomquist, he has gone 4 for 5 with a walk in the first inning when he leads off this year.
- [Modern Times] Chris Young Is Early Hero For D-backs - Wait, the Dodgers are the "feel good" story of 2012? Really? Really?
- [DBacks Venom] Diamondbacks Recap After the First 10 Games - A quick review of what we've seen in the first 1/16th of the season.
- [Rum Bunter] Success of Diamondbacks Coaching Staff Makes Me Wonder What If - That is a pretty interesting coaching staff for the Diamondbacks, and they certainly get results.
- [SI.com] With more pitchers breaking down, time to rethink modern bullpen - I doubt it'll happen. There's too much money to be lost for the players. But these two stats surprised me: first, that 20 of the 30 opening day closers from last season are no longer closing for the same team, and that injuries cost teams $487 million dollars last season.
- [Big League Stew] The Red Sox and Yankees will wear these throwback hats for Fenway’s 100th birthday party - Okay, I'm as tired of the Yankees and Red Sox as anyone, but I do love me some throwbacks. Even if they aren't terribly exciting.
- [Ultimate Astros] Experts say Astrodome demolition price tag seems high - $78 million, including $10 million for asbestos removal. Also the idea that Houston still owes almost $30 million on a stadium that was opened in 1965 and hasn't been used since 2009 is pretty depressing. Every politician arguing for a new stadium in their municipality should have to read that fact to their constituents and then defend the new stadium.
- [Baseball Nation] Could The Mets Keep Surprising Us? - The Mets have been bumbling along for the past few years. Could this be the time they finally get some headlines that aren't related to Bernie Madoff?
- [FanGraphs] Estimating a Buster Posey Contract Extension - The Giants are apparently in a rush to extend their young players- what might Posey get?