Rough series, but a good game to pick up a win.
- [Dbacks.com] Cahill's gem leads to win over Rox in finale - 19 of 22 outs on the ground or through a strike-out. If Travor Cahill can keep that up when he gets back to Chase Field, I think we'll be pretty happy with it.
- [AZ Central] Chris Young, Trevor Cahill lead Arizona Diamondbacks past Colorado Rockies - Miguel Montero is pretty complimentary with how Chris Young has been hitting so far: "He looks like a different hitter. He's not just going up there swinging. He knows what he wants to do. He's been patient, walking a lot more and having good at-bats. Even when he makes an out he's having a quality at-bat."
- [The Denver Post] Rockies fall 5-2 to Arizona Diamondbacks as Pomeranz struggles - Nine games into the season, and the Rockies have to be a little worried about their starting rotation right now.
- [Phoenix New Times] Arizona Diamondbacks Salvage Weekend Series in Colorado - Maybe not what we'd hoped for on the trip, but if you play .500 on the road and win two of three at home and you'll have a pretty good record at the end of the year.
And now we're back home for a ten game homestand.
- [CBSSports.com] MLB Preview - Pittsburgh Pirates at Arizona Diamondbacks - Wait, are the Diamondbacks really 26-4 in Chase Field since August 8?
- [SB Nation Pittsburgh] Pirates Vs. Diamondbacks: Erik Bedard To Try To Keep Pirates Afloat - The Pirates have started off the season against the Phillies, the Dodgers, and the Giants- not an easy beginning. Even if you aren't looking to Erik Bedard for hope...
- [Miami Herald] Pittsburgh Pirates (3-6) at Arizona Diamondbacks (6-3) - Joe Saunders gave us seven scoreless innings last time out, so we'll see what he can do against the Pirates.
- [Venom Strikes] Could Jason Kubel's Slow Start Open the Door Up for Gerardo Parra? - .208 through the first nine games isn't a death knell in and of itself, but you'd have to think that we'll be seeing more Gerardo Parra if Jason Kubel doesn't start producing in the upcoming homestand.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks' Josh Collmenter to get another start - No starts for Wade Miley quite yet, as we'll see Josh Collmenter get another outing against the Braves.
- [Fake Teams] Coming Soon to A Stadium Near You: It's Trevor Bauer - And the question of the season- how long until we see Trevor Bauer in a DBacks uniform?
- [Opposing Views] Former MLB Star Craig Counsell Opens Up About Baseball, Life and Much More - Always a fan favorite.
- [DBacks.com] Miley saving D-backs 'pen from wear and tear - Collmenter has struggled, but Miley has been solid out of the bullpen.
- [Big League Stew] Dodgers turn first 2-5-6-3 triple play in history but Padres cry foul over umpire’s actions - Man, that was an awful call.
- [MLB.com] Giants sign Madison Bumgarner to extension through 2017 with options through 2019 - The Giants are setting up their rotation for the long-term. So, uh, they planning to get some bats to support them?
- [The Boston Globe] Red Sox ticket sales dip, putting sellout streak in jeopardy Sales slow amid slow start - A September collapse and a bad April, and the nine year streak might end.