The Diamondbacks pull the ol' Totem Pole play to get Orlando Hudson out at first base.
Another typical Petco score, but this time we come out on top, and actually have a game that doesn't end in a one run score! Amazing.
- [DBacks.com] D-backs roll to strongest start since 2000 - First 5-1 start since 2000, and you know what that means? 2013 World Series Champs! Go make your bets now, my method is foolproof.
- [FS Arizona] Dominant start shows Kennedy still owns West - You know when they say a pitcher struggled early but then settled down? Ian Kennedy last night. Started the night by giving up a triple, followed by two singles, and then struck out the next three batters. Then he only allowed two more hits in the next five innings.
- [AZ Central] Ian Kennedy pitches Arizona Diamondbacks to series win over San Diego Padres - The Padres made some mistakes, and the Diamondbacks managed to take advantage of them. After Wednesday's game, it's good to see them turn it around.
- [UTSanDiego.com] Padres end 2-5 homestand with loss - So the Padres have pretty much started off 2012 the same way 2011 went.
Of note, Micah Owings's last eleven decisions? All been wins for the Diamondbacks. Unfortunately for him, only nine of those have been when he was wearing an Arizona jersey.
And with that, we're off to Denver for another series in the mountains.
- [DBacks.com] Rockies renew rivalry with division champs - Yeah, the Rockies. The first of 73 series we'll play against them this season.
- [FS Arizona] Rockies: 5 things to watch - Outside of their 17 run outburst in Lincecum's start, the Rockies offense is looking pretty weak- only twelve runs in five games.
- [SB Nation Denver] Diamondbacks Vs. Rockies: Colorado Looks To Gain Traction Against Divisional Foe - Wait, the Rockies lost their series to the Astros? Ouch.
- [Miami Herald] Arizona Diamondbacks (5-1) at Colorado Rockies (2-4) - We'll at least avoid Jaime Moyer.
So we go from Chase to Petco to Coors? Apparently bouncing back and forth between hitters and pitchers parks.
- [Dbacks.com] D-backs look to improve clutch hitting - Last in the NL with batting average with RISP, but it's still early days.
- [AZ Central] Lyle Overbay adjusts to reserve role for Arizona Diamondbacks - Paul Goldschmidt should obviously be getting the majority of the starts at first, so it's good that Lyle Overbay is working to fit into his role.
- [Arizona Sports] Don't look: Diamondbacks particulars you don't want to read - So, maybe you shouldn't read this then.
- [SB Nation Arizona] Trevor Bauer Strikeout Video Sends Wrong Message - Trevor Bauer posted a video of him striking out an opposing batter on his YouTube channel. Is this a sign of an attitude problem that the DBacks might want to keep an eye on?
- [Fake Teams] Low Level Prospect Review: Who is Archie Bradley? - An excellent question.
- [Venom Strikes] Justin Upton's terrible start being offset by Chris Young's tremendous one - Probably wasn't quite what we were expecting, but it's good to see that we've got players to step up and help out when we need it.
- [Big League Stew] Infamous ‘cheap shot’ artist quits school and returns home after receiving threats - Internet mob justice strikes again. I mean, yeah, it was an awful thing for the guy to do, but I hardly think he deserves threats for it.
- [Baseball Nation] May We Start Panicking About Tim Lincecum? - After two pretty awful starts, I'm sure there's some definite concern in the Giants fanbase.
- [San Jose Mercury News] Giants: Belt benched again - Sitting for four games straight. Again, should Giants fans be concerned?
- [ESPN] Don't bet on new Los Angeles Dodgers owners spending big - See, I think that's exactly what Dodgers fans are hoping, so this may be a disappointment to them.
- [HardballTalk] Jacoby Ellsbury leaves game after injuring right shoulder - Not good news for the Red Sox, who are obviously already not pleased with this season.