Even Jason Kubel can't believe how many runners we left in scoring position.
Okay, so it couldn't last forever. But it was nice while it did, right?
- [Dbacks.com] D-backs suffer first loss, falling to Padres - Really, when you waste that many opportunities to score, you aren't going to win.
- [FS Arizona] D-backs this close to remaining unbeaten - One home run just out of reach, and one triple that was just shy of a home run. Just a few inches in our favor on either one, and it's a different game.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks drop first game of the season - It was nice to be the only undefeated team in the majors for a few hours. And now we fight to get back into first place.
- [UTSanDiego.com] Denorfia's late HR gives Padres 2-1 win - Chris Young says he thinks he needed one more foot, but just ran out of room. That's the way it goes.
- [CBS Sports] Early returns show Diamondbacks might be better than division champs - Well, very early returns- we're through about 3% of the season- but wins are wins.
- [AZ Central] Recovery of Arizona Diamondbacks SS Stephen Drew coming along - Slow but steady recovery. I knew we should have gotten him a cybernetic replacement, like Pujols opted for with his arm last year.
- [DBacks.com] Ziegler to nix spring adjustments - Always a little interesting to me when players decide that what they were working on wasn't going to work.
- [Pensacola News Journal] Jay Bell is staying in the game - Jay Bell, a big part of our 2001 World Series champion team, is still in baseball, and still with the Diamondbacks- working as a hitting coach for the Mobile BayBears.
- [tallahassee.com] Starting to settle into the season - Bryan Henry is back with Mobile, and writing a weekly column about playing minor league baseball.
- [FanGraphs] Posey Diagnosed With Shingles, Giants Need Caution - Okay, I'm sorry, but getting diagnosed with shingles is funny to me. It's like missing a game with a stubbed toe- yeah, it happens, but it just sounds so absurd. Though FanGraphs points out that there may be some actual concern for Buster Posey.
- [KansasCity.com] Broxton falls apart, Royals lose to A’s - You know what's worse than hitting a batter in extra innings to load the bases? Hitting the next batter to force in the winning run. That's not big league, Broxton.
- [Beyond the Box Score] A Retrospective Look at the 2001 Seattle Mariners - Interesting to consider: two of the top seven teams in terms of WAR come from the 2001 season. Neither of them made it to the World Series.
- [Big League Stew] Jeff Francoeur sends 20 pizzas to A’s fans - So if you're relatively new to the 'Pit, I should explain- if there's an article about how awesome Jeff Francoeur is? I'm probably going to include it. I do not apologize for this fact. Frenchy!