I'm working on a time machine to send this picture back to myself in about 2009, with the caption: "Don't worry- eventually, watching this team gets to be fun again."
Don't fight what works.
- [DBacks.com] CY's homer in 11th lifts D-backs to first 4-0 start - Way better choice than putting down a sacrifice bunt.
- [FS Arizona] Diamondbacks, Young remain on a record roll - Chris Young went into the clubhouse to review video of his at-bats during the sixth inning. Obviously, he figured something out.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks defeat San Diego Padres to start season 4-0 - CY is currently on pace to hit 81 home runs this season. Maybe more- don't home runs in the late evening in Petco count for double or something?
- [UTSanDiego.com] Arizona tops Padres in the 11th - Fun fact: The Padres are hitting .183 as a team so far this season. Small sample size, of course, but still.
- [Through The Fence Baseball] D-backs’ Bauer, Skaggs and Bradley do damage early - Early days, yes. But Bauer, Bradley, and Skaggs have gone 21.2 innings, only allowing two runs and three hits.
- [DBacks.com] SEALs present Gibson with custom gift - Somehow Gibby hanging out with Navy SEALs just makes a lot of sense to me.
- [AZ Central] Arizona Diamondbacks' Justin Upton sits out with thumb injury - And everyone fought back the urge to panic. But they say it shouldn't be serious.
- [Reno Gazette-Journal] Aces: Butler works to keep 'lost art' alive - It may not be as big a highlight as a home run, but every weapon you can give your players is a good thing.
- [RantSports] And We're Off: Three Early Impressions of the Arizona Diamondbacks - It may be early to take too much from the games we've played. But it's a nice start.
- [HardballTalk] Ryan Braun out of the lineup with chest/ribcage tightness - See, a year ago, one might have made a "too much heart" joke. But now...
- [SI.com] Fox, MLB object in court to proposed Dodgers sale - In other news, Dodgers fans are now starting to understand the meaning of "sisyphean".
- [FanGraphs] Wieland Gets Call to The Show - I know he's a Padres prospect, but 4 walks in 85.2 innings is a pretty impressive stat at any level, I'd think.
- [Baseball Nation] Are Rays' Shifts Redefining Infield Defense? - Defense doesn't get as much attention as pitching choices, but is that changing in Tampa?
- [Big League Stew] Baltimore’s ‘Batman’ speaks after Orioles ban him from Camden Yards for life - Meanwhile, the real Batman was unimpressed.