This looks like a bad photoshop, but I promise it's legitimate.
Okay, sure, day off, but the title is still valid. And I'm sticking with it as long as I can.
- [Dbacks.com] D-backs, Padres call on new arms in series opener - Edinson Volquez took the loss in the Padres opener, but didn't pitch too badly- wait, giving up two runs in PetCo? Pal, you're not going to win too many games like that for the Padres.
- [Miami Herald] Arizona Diamondbacks (3-0) at San Diego Padres (1-3) - The Diamondbacks do have a shot at something they've never done before: a 4-0 start to the season.
- [Venom Strikes] D-backs Series Preview: Arizona at San Diego - Fact: I may not like the Padres at all, but Yonder Alonso is one of the greatest names of all time.
- [FS Arizona] Five things to watch: Padres - We'll play the Padres a lot this season, so take some time to know one of our dread foes.
- [AZ Central] Trevor Cahill prepares for Diamondbacks debut vs. Padres - In high school, Trevor Cahill didn't make his team's starting rotation. Obviously, things have changed.
- [Arizona Sports] Diamondbacks are still the Diamondbacks, and that's a good thing - The "never say Die"-mondbacks were a bit part of why last season was so much fun to watched. If we've got them back this year, I'm even more excited to see where we can end up.
- [MLB.com] Pablo Sandoval and Willie Bloomquist might not be BFFs - If you missed the exchange in Sunday's game, here's a review. And that's Panda getting cranky when the Giants were still leading. Between this and things like Tim Lincecum's comments about a "statement game," it certainly seems like the Diamondbacks have gotten into the Giants heads a bit.
- [AZ Central] Diamondbacks showing off their bullpen prowess - Comparing a bad bullpen to a long wait for a check at a restaurant... Well, that's an interesting analogy.
- [SB Nation Arizona] Patrick Corbin Is Lying In Wait Should Josh Collmenter Falter More - It's been mentioned elsewhere- Corbin's starts line up with Collmenter's spot in the rotation, which doesn't seem coincidental...
- [DBacks.com] D-backs' Drew remembers a special glove - Stephen Drew's older brothers got gloves from the Bays and Girls Club, but his came from a different source...
- [New York Times] A Costly Toy, the Dodgers, Subsidized by Others - If rich guys are going to buy their toys, they should probably use only their own money. What a crazy theory. Next thing, you'll expect them to pay for their own stadiums.
- [MLB.com] Reds, Brandon Phillips agree on six-year contract - First Joey Votto, now Brandon Phillips. The Reds are making some moves for the long-term.
- [ESPN] Los Angeles Dodgers -- Police security tight for Opening Day - After last year's opening day incident, they aren't taking risks this time, including undercover officers in Pittsburgh jerseys. But I doubt the Pirates will really bring out the same rivalry that the Giants do.
- [Hardball Times] Padilla develops the lollipop - Wait, I'm sorry, did you say 52 mph?
- [South Florida Sun-Sentinel] Miami-Dade commission chairman says Ozzie should resign - Of course, it's been pointed out- this is not the first time Guillen has spoken about Castro.
- [FanGraphs] It’s Time To End Beanball, Once And For All - A controversial topic, to be sure. Is tradition and retaliation more important than the risk of someone getting hurt?