- [mlb.com] D-backs win on Hill's walk-off, three-run homer - After Gibson told him about there being only one walk-off homer this year, Hill's response proved prophetic. "I said, 'Well, let's go,'" Hill said. "I didn't say I was going to do it."
- [AP] Hill's homer in ninth lifts D'Backs over Rockies - "That's what I wanted to do was end on a good note, go into the offseason feeling good about this year and get ready for next year,'" Corbin said.
- [SBN Arizona] Winning, no matter the circumstances, feels good for the Diamondbacks - "We hope to have many more of those in the future with those guys contributing," Gibson said. "Winning never gets old."
- [Purple Row] Diamondbacks 5, Rockies 3: Kelly Johnson Topples the Rockies - "Rafael Betancourt had five blown saves 25 hours ago. Now he has seven. "
- Twitter / Gambo620 - "Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick says its highly likely that Justin Upton will not be traded and will be back with Arizona next year. "
- [Fox Sports Arizona] Hill's career year worthy of postseason awards - "Welcome to Hill's world. Where grit is cherished, and the game is revered. And, this season, extra-base hits have followed like obedient children." Okay, Jack: that may be the best article introduction written this year.
- [dbacks.com] Young reflects on challenging season of injuries - "I probably rushed back and never really found what I had. It's been frustrating, just because I've never been through it before. The injuries bother me more than performance."
- [MLB.com] D-backs name Bauer and Eaton Organizational Pitcher and Player of the Year - D-backs’ Director of Player Development Mike Bell said, "Trevor and Adam have each developed tremendous foundations for their promising careers ahead. It truly is a testament to our outstanding player development staff and how great our Minor League coaching and support staffs are at each level of the organization."
Team and other stuff
- [Big League Stew] Concession Speech: 2012 Arizona Diamondbacks - John, Clefo and myself take the podium for Arizona's entry in the BLS series of speeches.
- [Fox Sports Arizona] What went right, wrong for D-backs - Magruder reviews the successes and failures for the 2012 team.
- [DeadSpin] How A Career Ends: Jay Bell - But there's a lot more to enjoy from our former second-baseman here, including Bell's memories of the Million-Dollar Slam. [Hat-tip G-Dub]