A quiet week in non-Kubel related activities. but here's what I've got for you. Barring major developments, the 'Pit will be sleeping it off tomorrow and Monday, with normal service being resumed on Tuesday. Have a joyous and happy post-Festivus, and I'll see you in the aftermath.
- Diamondbacks Fan Fest: February 11. More information coming soon, but saw the board on 7th and Jefferson mention it this morning on my way to work!
- [dbacks.com] Presents under tree big temptation to Daniel Hudson - We're Christmas Day present openers, but the whole week leading up to Christmas, if there are any presents under the tree, we beg each other to open them before Christmas.
- [dbacks.com] D-backs brimming with top prospects - "That was by far the most fun staff I've been a part of," said right-hander Charles Brewer, "It was really cool to get that kind of attention as a staff, not just individually. Every time one of us went out there, we knew we had a very good chance to win. I think that's what propelled us on to get to the point where we were contending for the championship, that our starting pitching was so strong."
- [Forbes] Baseball Teams May Seek New TV Deals Due To Spike In Rights Fees - "The Diamondbacks could opt-out of their contract after soon, perhaps as early as after next season, and secure new deal worth at least $300,000 per game."
- [dbacks.com] Diamondbacks re-load to stay ahead of National League West posse- "We know it's not easy," Gibson recently said. "We know there [are] other teams out there. I totally respect that. But that's not going to alter my thought process and the organization's thought process. We can do everything right and it won't work out, but that's our goal."
- [ESPN] Prospect mania! Is it out of control? - "The truth, of course, is that most prospects don't become stars. Jarrod Parker may have a higher ceiling than Trevor Cahill, but the odds are his career won't be as good as Cahill's."
- [tallahassee.com] Offseason play is crucial for development - D-backs prospect Bryan Henry discusses playing in the off-season: "My advice to all players of any age is this: The best way to become a better baseball player is to get out and play. I feel like that is one of the things that has helped me the most during my career — playing the game and competing. For me, it doesn't matter where or for what team. I just want to play."
- [AZCentral] Saunders: Diamondbacks wanted a 'different direction' - "I thought we had a good thing going there. The starters got along great. I was hoping that they'd try to keep the team intact. But they obviously wanted to go a different direction, saving some money by not paying me, which is fine. It's a business. It's OK with me. I'll probably see them from the other dugout."
- [AZCentral] VH1's 'Baseball Wives' offers glimpse at Scottsdale lifestyle - Even I've given up on the show.
Around the NL West
- [McCovey Chronicles] Carlos Beltran To The Cardinals - Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
- [MLB.com] Dodgers sale delayed by FOX appeal - Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
- [Denver Post] Only fair to give Rockies some props in Hall voting - Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
- - Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahaha