- [FoxSportsArizona] D-backs add to pitching depth with Galarraga, Owings - Jack Magruder writes about the latest additions to the team's arms cache.
- [AZCentral] Micah Owings hoping to regain form - "Now, working out of the bullpen, they can get a little more creative with it," Owings said "I'm not saying I don't want to start again at some point, but at this point in my career, I'm 28, and I definitely want to pursue doing both a little bit more. The club is willing to do that and see where it goes."
- [AZCentral] Armando Galarraga a popular addition - Do you think he'll ever stop getting asked about that game? "I never thought this story was going to be so big," Galarraga said. "It was a simple reaction, a natural reaction. I never thought, 'I'm going to be super nice, and people are going to like me.'"
- [dbacks.com] D-backs' Jarrod Parker ranked No. 29 on Top 50 Prospects list - "I learned a lot of other things around the game during that time about having a game plan, hitter recognition and attention to detail. It helped me develop a little more of a mental approach and become more in tune with my body, my arm and what I need to do to stay healthy."
Somewhat Diamondbacks news
- [ESPN] MLB organizational rankings for 2011 - Keith Law ranks all 30 farm systems. You need to be an ESPN insider to see it all [though a certain Fanpost has the AZ info, cough], but the D-backs are ranked 13th, a big improvement on last year's 27th place.
- [ArizonaSports.com] Ultimate Arizona Sports Fantasy Draft - Arizona Diamondbacks - Gambo and Dave Burns go head-to-head to try and pick the ultimate D-backs team from all of franchise history. Can't believe they picked Craig Counsell and Tony Womack at SS respectively, over Stephen Drew...
- [Yahoo! Sports Roto Arcade] Pressing Questions: The Arizona Diamondbacks - "Those who suffered through Juan Gutierrez, Aaron Heilman and Chad Qualls a season ago likely experienced permanent brain damage. The cerebral stain left by the trio’s numerous late-inning implosions may never be wiped clean."
Barely Diamondbacks news
- [ThePostGame] Sabermetrician In Exile - The rise and fall of sabermetrics guru Voros McCracken. Didn't know he lives in Surprise and was nearly employed by us. [H/T Nick Piecoro]
- [NPB Tracker] Byung Hyun Kim Re-emerges - "Byung Hyun Kim is back. The Rakuten Golden Eagles have announced the signing of the Korean righty, who played last season for Orange County of the independent Golden League. Kim will earn $400k and wear 99."
- [ESPN] Baseball fanatics keep in season in January with SABR Day 2011 - "SABR Day II will be celebrated Saturday in cities across the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and in a London pub." And, at 10am at Tempe Diablo Stadium, where there will be research presentations and a book raffle. If only I wasn't working. :-(